CR-1 (DCF) with CCP on the record

We talked about it last night, and I'm still certain she's going to quit the CCP as long as it doesn't cost her her job. Regardless, I think it's safe to just go ahead and assume we'll receive blue the first time around on account of her affiliation with the CCP.

If she quits, it probably will endanger her job even herself. Your guys need to seriously think of it. Better just go ahead and get visa first.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, how does one officially quit? I read in a previous post that you should write a letter stating you'd like to skip - but then it gets reviewed for a decision to be made. Is that right? If you want to quit, can't you just quit. It doesn't seem like it's anyone's decision but the member's. Then the second option I saw was to simply stop paying the dues. This seems easiest and the least confrontational, but is it truly effective? When we get her visa and we move back to America together, can her membership with the CCP just lapse and have that be it? Also, would doing that hurt her chances of entering China again? Unfortunately, I can't seem to find solid answers to these questions and neither can Tata (girlfriend). She's asked around but it's such a faux pas here and it's highly frowned upon to quit.

Yes, if you want to quit, you can not just quit like quitting an occupational membership. The party will step in and it is the party's business. Stop paying dues does not work while she is in China. The party will come to her for dues and ask why. Yes, there are not solid answers because it is full of uncertainty and risk. That is why people keep it in the pocket until they leave the country. When she immigrates to USA, she quits her job, no link with her university any more, and then her university would not keep her human records anymore. Then no link with the party. No impact on her if she visits China in the future.

9. In Part B of I-130 ("Information About You"), should I use my address in America or my address in China? I'm filing DCF, but I have a home address in America that I could have sensitive materials mailed to.

10. In Part C of I-130 ("Information about your relative"). If we're living together here in China, it's safe to assume I should list our Chinese address. Is it ok to use Chinese characters? I don't really know the English address. I could use Pinyin or Chinese characters.

11. Furthermore on addresses, Parts 19-21 are a bit confusing. 19 is for my spouse's address abroad, which would be the same as my previous question. Then, 20 is the same question which applies to my situation since it's in Chinese. And then, 21 is targeted towards spouses. Should I fill in the same address for all three or just number 21?

Thanks for the help!! I really appreciate it.

Too answer questions.

9) You can use address abroad, later when providing I-864 for the visa interview you note your US Domicile, giving evidence of that address.

10) I would use Pin-yin for address info, Part C #2 and perhaps Chinese Characters for #19, Pinyin and characters on #21

11) Keep in mind can have several different address depending on situation, since it has not changed in your situation it will be same on all address lines.

A common scenario is US cit. lives overseas marries lives together for some time in a third country, and then returns to USA, foreign cit. then moves back to home country, so will have US Citizen address in USA, Foreign citizen's address in home country, and last lived together address in a third country or location. (19 can be different than C#2 if immigrant spouse is living in the USA perhaps on a work or student visa.)

Everyone here is so helpful. I'm so very grateful for that!!

So, after some careful consideration, here's what we decided...

- I made an appointment in Guangzhou for Friday, to get my Marriageability certificate. Afterwards, I understand that I will need to get it translated and notarized - can this be one in the same building as the embassy? I would assume so...it seems like a such a popular necessity.

- Get married now, specifically 3.14 (pi, anyone? A number that goes on forever sounds pretty lucky to me).

- Tata will not quit the party now. She'll wait until she quits her job and then just let the payments to the party lapse whilst we go to America.

- We'll submit the visa application next week, and then play the waiting game.

QUESTIONS:

A. So for the address, I'll list the address multiple times, and NOT list my American address at all right now - is this right?

B. Tata is not listed on my lease - just my name. Does this matter? Should I add her name? If it doesn't matter, I'll leave well enough alone.

Thanks!

--ChengKai

- I made an appointment in Guangzhou for Friday, to get my Marriageability certificate. Afterwards, I understand that I will need to get it translated and notarized - can this be one in the same building as the embassy? I would assume so...it seems like a such a popular necessity.

- Get married now, specifically 3.14 (pi, anyone? A number that goes on forever sounds pretty lucky to me).

- Tata will not quit the party now. She'll wait until she quits her job and then just let the payments to the party lapse whilst we go to America.

QUESTIONS:

A. So for the address, I'll list the address multiple times, and NOT list my American address at all right now - is this right?

B. Tata is not listed on my lease - just my name. Does this matter? Should I add her name? If it doesn't matter, I'll leave well enough alone.

Thanks!

--ChengKai

A. Yep, your G-325A can show prior addresses, including your Domicile address. But on the I-130 show China address because this is your current address, and later provide evidence showing US Domicile address attached to the I-864, You can show your Domicile address on I-130 as #18 on the I-130

B. Not an issue. Provide other evidence of living together like affidavits from friends and family, and mail addressed to both persons at common address.

QUESTIONS:

Thanks!

--ChengKai

A. Yep, your G-325A can show prior addresses, including your Domicile address. But on the I-130 show China address because this is your current address, and later provide evidence showing US Domicile address attached to the I-864, You can show your Domicile address on I-130 as #18 on the I-130

B. Not an issue. Provide other evidence of living together like affidavits from friends and family, and mail addressed to both persons at common address.

I'm with Dan, but in my case I would add her name to your lease, especially if you can go back to when she first moved in and have a lease dated from then. I agree it's no issue if you have all the other things Dan mentioned, but it is just one more thing they CAN'T ask you about at an interview.

You cover every situation as well as possible, then cross your fingers and hope for the best.

tsap seui

OK, adding her name to the lease isn't that big of a deal, and if it helps at all I'll go ahead and do it.

I'm going over my I-130 form and have a question about the name:

We were going to wait until Tata and I get to America before going through the name changing process. So, for family name should we put her Chinese name using Chinese Characters, Pinyin, or both? I'm inclined to use both but I'm not sure. Under "Other names used," I was going to put her English name (which isn't officially used on any important document). The same question for her place of work and address - Chinese characters will be ok?

OK, adding her name to the lease isn't that big of a deal, and if it helps at all I'll go ahead and do it.

I'm going over my I-130 form and have a question about the name:

We were going to wait until Tata and I get to America before going through the name changing process. So, for family name should we put her Chinese name using Chinese Characters, Pinyin, or both? I'm inclined to use both but I'm not sure. Under "Other names used," I was going to put her English name (which isn't officially used on any important document). The same question for her place of work and address - Chinese characters will be ok?

This is ridiculous. Both of our addresses are in Chinese...her work address is in Chinese. There's not enough space to translate the address into English, and even if there was, the English address is never used.

Would using Chinese characters everywhere on the form be acceptable?

The consulate will notarize the English version of the certificate of marriageability. I am not sure if the consulate will translate and notarize it into Chinese. I had it done elsewhere here in Dalian. When we went to Shenyang to get married, they would not accept the translation but did it there at the international marriage bureau for something like 200-300 RMB.

This is ridiculous. Both of our addresses are in Chinese...her work address is in Chinese. There's not enough space to translate the address into English, and even if there was, the English address is never used.

Would using Chinese characters everywhere on the form be acceptable?

I would use English where possible and pinyin rather than characters for things like her name. Just copy what is on her passport.

Can you write the address in pinyin? You might even want to check with Chinese Post for the exact English translation. I receive mail here in China addressed in English and the envelope has the Chinese Characters written on it by hand.

Not a literal translation from Chinese to English for address, use Pinyin.

For example my wife's home address was: Yang Yu, Box 101, No. 1 Chen Shan Rd, Guilin, Guangxi 541004, China

You would not translate ÉϺ£ to English "ON SEA" you would use it's PINYIN spelling Shanghai, Understand yet, BIG difference in English translation and PINYIN spelling. Another example, I would not translate YangYu to "Common,Brilliant" my wife's name is Yang Yu. (PINYIN) or ÑîìÏ

The consulate's address is:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

OR

¹ãÖÝÊÐɳÃæÄϽÖ1ºÅ

ÃÀ¹úפ¹ãÖÝ×ÜÁìʹÝ

Óʱࣺ510133

Either will do.

Awesome, thanks for the tips.

For anyone else unsure about the English translation, I went to Google (using VPN in China to make sure it's Google.com and not .com.hk or .cn) and looked on Google Maps. The official Engilsh address should be available when you search for it.

I just finished the CR-1 and G-235a forms!

Awesome, thanks for the tips.

For anyone else unsure about the English translation, I went to Google (using VPN in China to make sure it's Google.com and not .com.hk or .cn) and looked on Google Maps. The official Engilsh address should be available when you search for it.

I just finished the CR-1 and G-235a forms!

I hate to be picky, but this seems to call for it - use the PINYIN representation of the CHINESE names - DO NOT use English translations.

Google Maps DOES provide the pinyin representation, and NOT the English translation.

That's why I used my VPN to look at google. When I did that, I found the English address (some translated, some not) here in Shenzhen.

For example...my place now is ³ÇÊÐÌìµØ¹ã³¡, which is translated to "City Square". On Google, I found my place listed as City World Square. So, I used that. Im attaching a sheet of paper to my I-130 explaining each address I didn't have room for. That seems like the best option to me - most of these spaces don't allow enough room for anything - definitely not enough room for my address in pinyin.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Guangzhou to get a piece of paper saying I'm single. Tata and I both live in Shenzhen, and she's a resident of Shenzhen, born in Hunan. But, she moved almost immediately and has permanent residence and an ID card in Shenzhen. According to the place we're getting married at, everything is fine. They said I'll need my single certificate and passport. Does that sound right? We already have an appointment set up for the 14th. I don't want any surprises.