Starting the I130 process

I am gathering documents for starting the I-130 process and have a question about overcoming a previous dicorce to a Chinese woman. Has anyone done this before and any thoughts if this will be a huge problem? Or a big red flag to overcome? I know I need to front load as much info as I can and also need to be very detailed as to previous marriage and why it failed.

How much detail do you provide? I am wondering if they want a monthly detail or just details in general, like when we met, filed for fiancee visa, when marriage started and when it ended and where she is now. Not sure where but do have SSN and last known address.No contact for over 2 years.

Also should this detail be handwritten or typed or both?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

I am gathering documents for starting the I-130 process and have a question about overcoming a previous dicorce to a Chinese woman. Has anyone done this before and any thoughts if this will be a huge problem? Or a big red flag to overcome? I know I need to front load as much info as I can and also need to be very detailed as to previous marriage and why it failed.

How much detail do you provide? I am wondering if they want a monthly detail or just details in general, like when we met, filed for fiancee visa, when marriage started and when it ended and where she is now. Not sure where but do have SSN and last known address.No contact for over 2 years.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

VERY SIMPLE ! YOU NEED TO SHOW THAT YOUR CURRENT & PREVIOUS MARRIAGES WERE / ARE NOT DONE FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSE ONLY ! THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU !!!

Thanks in advance.

Paul

As you write up your marriage and divorce, write it with the thought that they Visa officer is looking to turn this into a red flag...any way they can.

I'd write it up as an outline. Just talk about we met (how) we married, and just in general talk about the divorce. As to the divorce I'd say we simply grew apart. Don't get too involved with the details. Anything you say can, AND WILL, be used against you, so you keep it simple, they don't need to know all the details, just a simple, we grew apart and realized marriage wasn't what we really needed with each other.

On the one hand, you want to address the marriage and divorce, on the other, those VO's will be looking for something to give you a hard time over....your innocence doesn't mean spit to them....KEEP IT SIMPLE with as little detail that they could misconstrue in a negative light to you.

Good luck.

tsap seui

As is suggested, there are two sides to this coin to show: The past relationship and the current one. I agree with what is said about an outline with brief facts; I did that. I also gave her SSN and last known address.

The equally important piece is showing how the second one is distinguished in some way. Is the relationship time frame longer (ie: getting to know each through multiple visits) without appearing to rush into anything? You can control that part. I am going on the assumption that they will likely look closer the second time, so every step of my second relationship has had a purpose and plan, and with the idea of removing whatever doubts that may want to come up. This has also produced no doubt in each other because of the emphasis on getting to know each other.

I just got my P1, so I can't relate yet any issues encountered. Good luck.

Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts and suggestions. I do have much to overcome and will take time to prepare all things in advance. We are not in a rush to apply as we need to gather additional documents as well. From all that I have read, this will be a long process as well. I know I will have a lot more questions down the road also. But much thought has gone into the relationship and Yes, I am willing to move to China if all else fails.