April interview group

Well April is one month away, so appointments for next month start to be known at this time, starting the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got my P4 for April 19th. Fast, considering it was just over a month ago I sent in my P3. Excited, but a little scared because I haven't gotten all of my domicile stuff together, but I think I'll make it.

If I can just gripe for a moment, I am not looking forward to taking a week off, and then spending 22 hours on a train to get there. My school is being really nice about it, and I'm hoping when we get approved (THINK PINK) they will get the visa processed by Friday. If our date is for Tuesday, and the interview is for Wednesday, then three business days will possibly be Monday. If it's Monday, that's almost two weeks of classes I'm going to miss. It'll take me forever to catch up...

But then again... a full week in Guangzhou might be really nice. I've heard great things about the Cantonese dimsum and teahouses down there.

I told a friend of mine in NY, that he could call DOS and maybe get information on an Interview date. He called today, and got good news, 11 April Interview. They applied in January 2010 I believe.

Er... are you saying they applied over 16 months ago?

This is quite possible.

File petition Jan 2010, USCIS takes 6-7 months to process, then petitioner or lawyer may be unaware of optional electronic processing at NVC and also was slow to send required documents to NVC, tack on another 4-5 months at NVC, and not doing eProcess, the case gets shipped to China, tack on another 2-3 months for customs, then a month or two after get an interview. 7+5+3+2= well you can figure (17 months on the high-side)

I told a friend of mine in NY, that he could call DOS and maybe get information on an Interview date. He called today, and got good news, 11 April Interview. They applied in January 2010 I believe.

Er... are you saying they applied over 16 months ago?

This is quite possible.

File petition Jan 2010, USCIS takes 6-7 months to process, then petitioner or lawyer may be unaware of optional electronic processing at NVC and also was slow to send required documents to NVC, tack on another 4-5 months at NVC, and not doing eProcess, the case gets shipped to China, tack on another 2-3 months for customs, then a month or two after get an interview. 7+5+3+2= well you can figure (17 months on the high-side)

On the flip side, if you're on the ball and don't run into either RFEs or unusual delays, is 8 months remotely likely?

On the flip side, if you're on the ball and don't run into either RFEs or unusual delays, is 8 months remotely likely?

Yes, and I have seen quicker too.

For example when USCIS is not having issues, I have seen Receipt to approval times less than 1 month, (NOA1 (P1) -- NOA2 (P2)) this was the case for my wife and I.

Yes, and I have seen quicker too.

For example when USCIS is not having issues, I have seen Receipt to approval times less than 1 month, (NOA1 (P1) -- NOA2 (P2)) this was the case for my wife and I.

That would be awesome. Though, I don't think they're running anywhere near that smooth these days, are they?

"...We applied last June 16th. She has her interview April 15. ..."

Well, Nick, since the plum blossoms will still be in bloom----sounds like a very auspicious date for you both ~ !

We can only hope. At least Nanning weather in the Spring is better than Nanning in mid-Summer.