I sent my I-130 by DCF in Beijing

This is Dante's thread but we received the P3 package on Sunday as well. While we sent the petitions to Beijing on different dates, the approvals and responses from GUZ seem to be bundled together. I don't really find this surprising.

I have one question, the letter gives a Priority Date of about three weeks before I finally had everything needed to send to Beijing. This is the date I went to the Shenyang Consualte to pay the fee and so is the date on the receipt I sent to Beijing with the I-130. Does this date have any real meaning?

This is Dante's thread but we received the P3 package on Sunday as well. While we sent the petitions to Beijing on different dates, the approvals and responses from GUZ seem to be bundled together. I don't really find this surprising.

I have one question, the letter gives a Priority Date of about three weeks before I finally had everything needed to send to Beijing. This is the date I went to the Shenyang Consualte to pay the fee and so is the date on the receipt I sent to Beijing with the I-130. Does this date have any real meaning?

Yes - for A non-numerically limited visa category (in this case wife of an American citizen), pretty much exactly what you stated. For a numerically limited category (such as over 21 child of an LPR), it would be used to determine when your visa number becomes available. The slots are filled in the order of the priority date as that date becomes current per the visa bulletin.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my letter from Guangzhou embassy telling me my wife's interview date. It will be May 19th on a Thursday. It only took 16 days from the day I sent the P3 to the embassy to get the letter. Guangzhou is going really fast this year.

We sent ours in on 4/21. I am hoping for the first week in June as we have a wedding reception scheduled in Dalian on 5/28 and my parents are going to be here for a week thru that weekend.

We have another reception in Qiqihar two weeks after but I was looking at flight routes on the way down and there are direct flights from GUZ to Qiqihar so it might work out.

Papaj do me a favor, if you see anything this week send me a PM as we won't be back to Friday.

I'm surprised how fast the whole thing took. I'm not finished yet, but it seems it was a short wait to get to the actual interview.

All that I can think is that I front loaded the I-130, and we didn't have any red flags to slow things down.

Also, I sent my I-864 and my co-sponsor's I-864 along with supporting documents with packet 3. I know the instructions say not to, but I heard from Beachey that its a good idea to send copies. The worst that can happen is they throw the documents away.

Someone who helped me to get my wife's travel visa told us that getting the travel visa first before filling the I-130 makes the process go by relatively faster. Said it establishes a clean recorded with the embassy, and gives the embassy worker an idea of my wife's true intentions regarding her desire to immigrate.

Don't know if its true, but I've had a few people I've met that worked at different embassies in Beijing say the same thing.