Background check not done but still interview

So just like everybody else here...i did my usual weekly call to DOS/GZ email and yesterday I found out my interview date is 02/09/04 after talking with DOS. I was so happy I was speechless...however, as I press for more information, I was told the second background check still have not been completed but due to the length of application and etc. they are going to do the interview first.

I received my NOA receipt back in 01/14/03 before the name check process was put in place (sometime in January/Feb) so no background check was done and the application was forwarded to GZ.

Long story short, almost a year now and I am getting my interview. The background check has been requested since mid November by GZ and one of them has come back...however, the second one still haven't come back and I don't know how much longer this will take. Worst part is we might have to go to GZ twice, once for the interview and another time to pick up the visa. Thoughts?

This seems to be a new wrinkle in the system. Since when did they care about the length of a case's time line? :D

Not sure what to make of this. Could be they will give the interview and issue a white slip stating they will notify as to when the visa can be picked up. I hope not. That was what they did in the Black Hole days.

Just when you think you have this thing figured out, they add something new. Have you tried e-mailing GZ and asking what's up? :P

Congratulations on the interview date. I am sure that is a HUGE weight off your shoulders.

Actually, I have been surprised that there appears to be is no method for tracking the "older" cases and lighting a fire under them.

Was that the Notice of Acceptance (NOA2) and the forwarding to GZ back in January of 2003? What the heck were they doing with the application for the last year?

------ Clifford -----