2nd tourist visa from in-laws

Hi, all

Just wanted to know what the process will be like for a 2nd time tourist visa for the in-laws after they returned to china. Do they have to apply like they did the first time exactly, or is there some slightly different procedures since they have been granted a visa before? It's been a year since they last visited the united states. Actually, they have been visited here twice with the same visa since it was good for a year. They came here the 2nd time before it was expired. Now, they wanted to come again. Are they gonna be running in trouble at the interview if they come 3 times within two years? They never overstayed here for the 1st and 2nd time. Any advices will be greated appreciated.

Nailit...

Same process as before filing an DS-160 for each visa.

It should be easier due to having a visa before.

No troubles due to prior visits.

Actually, if it has been less than 1 year since their last tourist visa expired, there is a process whereby they may not have to go for another interview. We are considering this for our parent's second B2 visa. I'm not fully up to speed on the process. My wife knows more and I will ask her about it.

The process involves working with a bank that is authorized to collect fingerprints and forward application package to consulate.

In fact, I'm told that if you are willing to pay the application and fingerprint fee every year (even if you don't use the visa) then you never have to go back for consulate interview. We are looking into doing this for my wife's parents, as the trip to GUZ is tough for them.

My wife had three B-2 visas - and went through Citic bank each time. Every time she applied, she had to go to Beijing to give her fingerprints, but only during the first B-2 attempt did she have to interview with a VO. If your parents had no issues the first time round, the following attempts should be a breeze. Of course Jingjing's last B-2 was in Jan 2009, so some of the process might have been streamlined since them.