Need Advice

Very easy. You can get directly from each airport by the subway. Take Line 9 from Hongqiao to East Nanjing Rd station. Then transfer to Line 2 at that station and it takes you directly to Pudong airport.

I heard it takes about 2 hours from airport to airport by subway. If you have a lot of luggage or want to cut the time down to 1 to 1.5 hours then taxi would be best. Taxi will run you 200+ rmb.

http://www.exploreshanghai.com/metro/

Edited by bcco (see edit history)

Another option (I did this last year) is to take a bus that runs directly between the two airports. The bus is »ú³¡Ò»Ïß (Airport Line 1). Under normal conditions it will just take about an hour, if traffic is heavy of course that's a different story. Either way, it's probably faster and more convenient than the subway. There should be a bus every 20 minutes. Cost is 30 RMB.

I've taken the bus before. For me, that's the way to go

They beat me to it I have suggested the bus before, that's what bit is for.

Anyway on two past trips to China my flight in and out was through Pudong no changing airports.

I wonder if United still flies into Pudong?

Yep United 835 From Chicago arrives in Pudong at 2:50pm and United/Continental 3288 from Newark arrives in Pudong at 2:55pm

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thanks everyone. I will look into the bus. I am not sure about United but I got a reasonable price for American Airlines. Minneapolis to Shanghai via Chicago for 673.00. Will fly to Guilin later in the day from Pudong.

Yep that's the connection I made Roc Ord Pvg Guilin.

Last summer my wife flew Continental to China.