What Address to Use on P4 Form

When I first filed for my fiancee's K1 visa, I was living with my parents. So I used their address on the application. That address has always been considered my permanent address, because I move around a lot (though all within the same state). In fact, the apartment I am currently living in in another city is only a temporary arrangement, and I'll actually be moving again before my fiancee finally comes to the US.

So my question is... what address should she put on her P4 form saying where she will be living?

When I first filed for my fiancee's K1 visa, I was living with my parents. So I used their address on the application. That address has always been considered my permanent address, because I move around a lot (though all within the same state). In fact, the apartment I am currently living in in another city is only a temporary arrangement, and I'll actually be moving again before my fiancee finally comes to the US.

So my question is... what address should she put on her P4 form saying where she will be living?

I also used my parents address on my papers. As long as you will be able to get the mail in a timely fashion it should be ok.

Thanks for replying. Getting mail from my parents is easy. I don't live that far away.

My fiancee tells me I need to provide proof that I own/rent the house at the given address, though, by providing copies of electric bills, rent due statements, etc. If my parents provide this, and it's in their names, is that going to cause problems?

Thanks for replying. Getting mail from my parents is easy. I don't live that far away.

My fiancee tells me I need to provide proof that I own/rent the house at the given address, though, by providing copies of electric bills, rent due statements, etc. If my parents provide this, and it's in their names, is that going to cause problems?

Nope,

I too used my parent's home, no proofs needed.

All the consulate wants to know is that you can provide financial support, they do not want or need evidence of a home. Trust me on this one I have studied this for years here on CFL and VJ and have never seen a post of any consulate demanding that.

The reason I ask is because a letter included with my fiancee's P4 package titled "Letter to K-1 and K-2 Applicants" said to bring, among other things:

Proof of petitioner's residency in the United States.

Proof can include lease/deed/mortgage statements, bank statements, utility bills, and copies of ID cards.

Is this something new that's been added or just something that they don't really care about?

Edited by monkeyking (see edit history)

The reason I ask is because a letter included with my fiancee's P4 package titled "Letter to K-1 and K-2 Applicants" said to bring, among other things:

Proof of petitioner's residency in the United States.

Proof can include lease/deed/mortgage statements, bank statements, utility bills, and copies of ID cards.

Is this something new that's been added or just something that they don't really care about?

This has to do with proof of domicile in the case where petitioner has been living in China for some time, has to prove domicile in order to provide I-134 or I-864 in the case of spouse visa.

If you have employment with a US company in the USA then this is not needed, in my case pay stubs and letter from employer was proof enough for domicile.

I've kept my eye on this thread, and even started typing a response only to change my mind at the end because I'm uncertain how my specific situation would apply to yours). However, Dan mentioned a key word that affected Jingjing and I when we filed our IR-1 while living in China - domicile.

1. I used my folk's perm address while living in China b/c it's tough to find an apartment when you're 8000 miles away. GUZ is cool with this.

2. Things like voter registration cards, Driver's licenses, joint bank accounts, investment portfolios - all of these things count toward domicile. I specifically asked GUZ about the domicile issue and this is what the VO told me:

The VO gave me a copy of the the domicile criteria they use:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf

basically it lists these things (I'm sure it's not conclusive, but he may of been specifically speaking from a DCF viewpoint:

1. Opening a bank account

2. Transferring funds to the US

3. Making investments in the US

4. Seeking employment in the US

5. Registering children in US schools

6. Applying for a social security number; and

7. Voting in local, state, or federal elections.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39544&view=findpost&p=526766

Basically, in a nut shell

Is this something new that's been added or just something that they don't really care about

They do care about it.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Okay. On a related note, though, who do we contact when we change our address?

Later in the USA you will file with USCIS whenever an address changes.

AR-11 for immigrant change of address

I-865 for sponsor's change of address

These get filed anytime you or the immigrant moves anytime after filing I-485 for AOS until immigrant is no longer an immigrant or a US Citizen.