Ah lil' update on the petition

Tsapper I'm guessing you got your AOS fee via e-mail in PDF format?

Do they still use a bar code with that AOS invoice?

Cut and paste Ha ha! I cut that bar code with scissors and pasted to the optin letter with glue. Scanned it and printed it and emailed it to the wife.

For us I got an email with 2 PDF files (10/05/2010) one for DS-3032 and another for the AOS fee. I scanned the DS-3032 and letter to optin and emailed it to the wife with the barcode on it. She printed them signed them and scanned them and sent them back to me email. Make sure your wife keeps all originals with her signature safe for the interview. We did this for many forms and worked great for us. Then I saved as PDF and sent them to NVCElectronic@state.gov that same night I paid the AOS fee. Waited 3 or four days got my receipt for AOS and an invoice for the IV fee at the pay site. Some time after that I got an email we were in electronic processing and the GZO number.

I stalled on the IV fee for the wife so the daughter's petition could catch up to the wife's then paid both IVs. You might need to do the same for your wife's to catch the son's???

Also when the time comes if they do not send her a P-3 packet don't forget the P-3 supplemental form. It was not in the downloads at NVC because it is specific to GUZ Consulate. Just hand write in the answers in Chinese and English and send it back to them with the rest of your packet.

Note: None of this rite cheer is advise only what werked for usins.

Thanks for the info buddy.

No, they never sent either one of us an E-mail. They sent me a 6 page packet in the mail.

The packet includes a page which they call the AOS processing fee Bill Invoice. It has...

A barcode on it

my name on it

son's GUZ number

Invoice date

Amount ($88)

and most importantly....

Invoice I.D. number

The packet has a Barcoded DS-3032 in it which has the son's name and GUZ number typed on it.

I think they have slipped in a major change on the procedure of this stuff of recent.

No e-mail sent to either of us.

I did everything according to the 2 instructions sheets and e-mailed in the OPTIN and DS-3032 on Feb 21st exactly as they said to do now.

1) Pay the AOS fee at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and get the cover sheet after they mark it paid, for the next steps.

2) Write OPTIN (followed by the GUZ number) in the subject line of an e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov and scan the DS-3032 to a PDF file and attach it to the e-mail.

2a) The body of the e-mail must have an e-mail address for the applicant, his name, his birth date, petitioner's name, petitioner's birth date, and petitioner's e-mail address.

I did everything exactly as they specified. Again, it appears there has been a change in their procedures....once again.

tsap seui

Tsap, when you got your son's case number did you receive it in the mail or by phone? I am asking this because if you called you should have given them yours and your wifes email addresses. I am thinking they do not have record of your email address so this is why the DS-3032 was not emailed to you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsapper I'm guessing you got your AOS fee via e-mail in PDF format?

Do they still use a bar code with that AOS invoice?

Cut and paste Ha ha! I cut that bar code with scissors and pasted to the optin letter with glue. Scanned it and printed it and emailed it to the wife.

For us I got an email with 2 PDF files (10/05/2010) one for DS-3032 and another for the AOS fee. I scanned the DS-3032 and letter to optin and emailed it to the wife with the barcode on it. She printed them signed them and scanned them and sent them back to me email. Make sure your wife keeps all originals with her signature safe for the interview. We did this for many forms and worked great for us. Then I saved as PDF and sent them to NVCElectronic@state.gov that same night I paid the AOS fee. Waited 3 or four days got my receipt for AOS and an invoice for the IV fee at the pay site. Some time after that I got an email we were in electronic processing and the GZO number.

I stalled on the IV fee for the wife so the daughter's petition could catch up to the wife's then paid both IVs. You might need to do the same for your wife's to catch the son's???

Also when the time comes if they do not send her a P-3 packet don't forget the P-3 supplemental form. It was not in the downloads at NVC because it is specific to GUZ Consulate. Just hand write in the answers in Chinese and English and send it back to them with the rest of your packet.

Note: None of this rite cheer is advise only what werked for usins.

Thanks for the info buddy.

No, they never sent either one of us an E-mail. They sent me a 6 page packet in the mail.

The packet includes a page which they call the AOS processing fee Bill Invoice. It has...

A barcode on it

my name on it

son's GUZ number

Invoice date

Amount ($88)

and most importantly....

Invoice I.D. number

The packet has a Barcoded DS-3032 in it which has the son's name and GUZ number typed on it.

I think they have slipped in a major change on the procedure of this stuff of recent.

No e-mail sent to either of us.

I did everything according to the 2 instructions sheets and e-mailed in the OPTIN and DS-3032 on Feb 21st exactly as they said to do now.

1) Pay the AOS fee at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and get the cover sheet after they mark it paid, for the next steps.

2) Write OPTIN (followed by the GUZ number) in the subject line of an e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov and scan the DS-3032 to a PDF file and attach it to the e-mail.

2a) The body of the e-mail must have an e-mail address for the applicant, his name, his birth date, petitioner's name, petitioner's birth date, and petitioner's e-mail address.

I did everything exactly as they specified. Again, it appears there has been a change in their procedures....once again.

tsap seui

Tsap, when you got your son's case number did you receive it in the mail or by phone? I am asking this because if you called you should have given them yours and your wifes email addresses. I am thinking they do not have record of your email address so this is why the DS-3032 was not emailed to you.

DAn, I had front loaded our e-mails addresses in the initial application, but they are burried in 600 pages of application.

I did not bother to call the USCIS or NVC when our son got his P-2 as I decided to just wait until his mother got her P-2.

I'm pretty sure everything is okay right now as his packet was loaded with everything I needed....including a barcoded DS-3032. They said they sent that to me as they understood the mail in China can be sketchy.

His AOS fee is marked paid, I hav ethe much needed cover sheet from the paid bill, and I sent the optin e-mail according to their instructions.

Thanks to everyone for your concern. I am very open to the fact of my making mistakes, or slowing down our process somehow....I just feel like everything is okay with how it was done. Heck, that payment has to be made first off anyhow, before they will do anythng else.

When lil' rabbit gets her P-2 then I will be making phone calls to NVC and give them her e-mail address, but unless the NVC gives me BOTH, the GUZ and Invoice I.D. numbers, there is no way ot shortcut anything.

tsap seui

Thanks for putting that all in one post Randy. IT will help others.

I have that stuff, printed off a couple of months ago. Just waiting ot put the rest of it into play.

tsap seui

Just a note...

My wife is reporting that more and more women are complaining of longer waiting times in the NVC stage, yes, they are talking about electronically.

They have made some changes. YOu can throw away all those shortcut instructions....I know I did.

tsap seui

Just a note...

My wife is reporting that more and more women are complaining of longer waiting times in the NVC stage, yes, they are talking about electronically.

They have made some changes. YOu can throw away all those shortcut instructions....I know I did.

tsap seui

Just you hope and pray that your wife doesn't get annoyed and cut you short in your shorts....

But then again, it could be worse if she did it to me.

Just a note...

tsap seui

Just you hope and pray that your wife doesn't get annoyed and cut you short in your shorts....

EGAD YOU CAD.....heavens to mergatroid that my wife should do such a dastardly deed, indeed, as to cut me short in the short shorts!!!!

You, on the other hand, or cutting as the case may be.........

Hope all is well in Lees-burg.

tsap seui

Just a note...

tsap seui

EGAD YOU CAD.....heavens to mergatroid that my wife should do such a dastardly deed, indeed, as to cut me short in the short shorts!!!!

You, on the other hand, or cutting as the case may be.........

Hope all is well in Lees-burg.

tsap seui

Life is great here with one exception, my wife won't let me spend the money to go to China, but we always seem to find the price of a ticket for her.