Ah lil' update on the petition

I paid the Affidavit of support fee for Bubba Jr. online and turned around and sent in the OPTIN e-mail along with his attached DS-3032 to the NVCElecttonic@state.gov e-mail address.

A little confused by this. I would think one does the OPTIN first, before sending fees since how do they know to apply it to an e-process?

DO you have a link for the online payment?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid the Affidavit of support fee for Bubba Jr. online and turned around and sent in the OPTIN e-mail along with his attached DS-3032 to the NVCElecttonic@state.gov e-mail address.

A little confused by this. I would think one does the OPTIN first, before sending fees since how do they know to apply it to an e-process?

YOu could be very right David.

How it worked for me (and I have not got an answer to my optin e-mail) was this.

I got teh letter from NVC saying it was time for the son's application to be processed. THey gave me a GUZ number and a receit number. This receit number is of upmost importance, that and the GUZ number is how you pay your bill ($88).

I paid hte $88 on-line. Went to their website and verified in a few days that the bill was paid.

Then....I sent in the OPTIN e-mail with the DS-3032 attached.

Near as I can tell the address is https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

The site is called U.S. Department of State

Consular Electronic Application Center

That is where I paid and how I saw the payment was processed and I got my cover sheet for sending in more evidence.

I did not use the cover sheet when I opted in, I did not have it then.

Maybe I have made a mess of things, I don't know.

I just sent in the money the day I got the NVC letter. Then sent in the OPTIN letter addressed the way they tell you to address it.

Again, you can only sign into the site above with your GUZ number and the receit number you get with the snail mail letter you get from NVC.

We'll see if I messed up or not.

tsap seui

ok, so let's see if your money ends up in someone's pocket

After you OPTIN, your GUZ number is changed to a GZO (?) number. So pay attention to that in some corresondence.

Keep us informed if sending the fee prior to OPTIN is ok.

---

Or anyone else doing the OPTIN method; Looking for whether paying the Support Fee PRIOR to OPTIN is ok?

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

YOu could be very right David.

How it worked for me (and I have not got an answer to my optin e-mail) was this.

I got teh letter from NVC saying it was time for the son's application to be processed. THey gave me a GUZ number and a receit number. This receit number is of upmost importance, that and the GUZ number is how you pay your bill ($88).

I paid hte $88 on-line. Went to their website and verified in a few days that the bill was paid.

Then....I sent in the OPTIN e-mail with the DS-3032 attached.

Near as I can tell the address is https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

The site is called U.S. Department of State

Consular Electronic Application Center

That is where I paid and how I saw the payment was processed and I got my cover sheet for sending in more evidence.

I did not use the cover sheet when I opted in, I did not have it then.

Maybe I have made a mess of things, I don't know.

I just sent in the money the day I got the NVC letter. Then sent in the OPTIN letter addressed the way they tell you to address it.

Again, you can only sign into the site above with your GUZ number and the receit number you get with the snail mail letter you get from NVC.

tsap seui

No worries, when they assign your new GZO*** this will also be updated. This is how I processed through, you just cannot send you I-864 & DS-230 documents in until you have your new GZO*** number.

After you OPTIN, your GUZ number is changed to a GZO (?) number. So pay attention to that in some corresondence.

---

Or anyone else doing the OPTIN method; Looking for whether paying the Support Fee PRIOR to OPTIN is ok?

I paid before I had the GZO number but I waited until I had this new number before I printed the receipt to scan and send in the I-864(AOS) documents.

After paying the payment site will give some kind of error, I cannot remember what it said but they were just transfering my payments from the GUZ to the new GZO number and after completing I was able to get back into the payment portal to print out the receipts.

---

I'll definately keep posting about this and let people know if I screwed up or not.

I got the receit for the AOS bill and the GUZ number on a Saturday and I sent the money right in. Then logged back in to see if they had taken my payment. Looks like they took it the day after MLK's birthday. Sorta surprised me. I sent in the OPTIN e-mail on MLK's birthday and didn't have the cover sheet from the bill being processed that you will need on everything else you send in.

I'v ebeen looking for the GZO number but they did say to wait 5-10 days after sending the e-mail for OPTIN to get a response. This is the start of the second week.

We'll see how it works out.

Good luck, to all of us.

tsap seui

David, since I just got this paperwork a couple of weeks ago I will tell you exactly what I have, and have to deal with.

From the time our son got his P-2 it took 3 weeks for me to get teh letter from NVC telling me that he had become eligible for further processing with the NVC.

Yes, you could call and possibly get your womans GUZ number like the short-cuts say, but along with this package I got you also have the Affidavit of Support INVOICE I.D.NUMBER

That Invoice I.D. number is every bit as important as the GUZ number. I don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere so it may be new. I seriously doubt you could get it from a phone call and there is nothing you can do with the GUZ number....NOTHING. You have to have the I.D. number to even get onto the payment site.

The page that gave me the GUZ number clearly states....

"Before your petition can be processed YOU MUST PAY THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS) PROCESSING FEE ($88.00)."

"To make the payment please go to the NVC website at www.ImmigrantVisa.state.gov and follow the directions."

You will need that Invoice I.D. number to log onto the payment website.

The short-cut advice looks like it got short-cutted by new rules, possibly?

I paid the AOS fee within hours of getting my son's paperwork.

Then I went to the site to send in teh OPTIN material, and I attached the DS-3032.

THe DS-3032 paperwork only gives you an address to mail in the DS-3032.

One thing I see is this, you HAVE to wait for the NVC to send you the packet which days the applicants petition is ready for further processing from teh NVC.

I'll post more as I see it developing.

tsap seui

Thanks for the details. It would be good to have a clear understanding for future filers. I am right behind you; waiting on P1.

David, I'll let you know everything I learn as I fumble my way through the NVC.

Most all of the previous postings and VJ shortcuts is old technology. They must have recently made a change along the path.

I do think I am okay with what I have done so far. IT clearly states in the packet they send you that you HAVE to pay the AOS bill before they do anything and it is a separate item unto its self.

My son's time in the USCIS was just over 6 1/2 months. My wife's case is now at 7 1/2 months with USCIS and they have touched her case 4 times in the last 5 working days.

IT took 3 weeks to get the packet from NVC for my son's case, once he got is P-2.

Good luck....might still catch you in the rustbelt city.

tsap seui

Tsapper I'm guessing you got your AOS fee via e-mail in PDF format?

Do they still use a bar code with that AOS invoice?

Cut and paste Ha ha! I cut that bar code with scissors and pasted to the optin letter with glue. Scanned it and printed it and emailed it to the wife.

For us I got an email with 2 PDF files (10/05/2010) one for DS-3032 and another for the AOS fee. I scanned the DS-3032 and letter to optin and emailed it to the wife with the barcode on it. She printed them signed them and scanned them and sent them back to me email. Make sure your wife keeps all originals with her signature safe for the interview. We did this for many forms and worked great for us. Then I saved as PDF and sent them to NVCElectronic@state.gov that same night I paid the AOS fee. Waited 3 or four days got my receipt for AOS and an invoice for the IV fee at the pay site. Some time after that I got an email we were in electronic processing and the GZO number.

I stalled on the IV fee for the wife so the daughter's petition could catch up to the wife's then paid both IVs. You might need to do the same for your wife's to catch the son's???

Also when the time comes if they do not send her a P-3 packet don't forget the P-3 supplemental form. It was not in the downloads at NVC because it is specific to GUZ Consulate. Just hand write in the answers in Chinese and English and send it back to them with the rest of your packet.

Note: None of this rite cheer is advise only what werked for usins.

Tsapper I'm guessing you got your AOS fee via e-mail in PDF format?

Do they still use a bar code with that AOS invoice?

Cut and paste Ha ha! I cut that bar code with scissors and pasted to the optin letter with glue. Scanned it and printed it and emailed it to the wife.

For us I got an email with 2 PDF files (10/05/2010) one for DS-3032 and another for the AOS fee. I scanned the DS-3032 and letter to optin and emailed it to the wife with the barcode on it. She printed them signed them and scanned them and sent them back to me email. Make sure your wife keeps all originals with her signature safe for the interview. We did this for many forms and worked great for us. Then I saved as PDF and sent them to NVCElectronic@state.gov that same night I paid the AOS fee. Waited 3 or four days got my receipt for AOS and an invoice for the IV fee at the pay site. Some time after that I got an email we were in electronic processing and the GZO number.

I stalled on the IV fee for the wife so the daughter's petition could catch up to the wife's then paid both IVs. You might need to do the same for your wife's to catch the son's???

Also when the time comes if they do not send her a P-3 packet don't forget the P-3 supplemental form. It was not in the downloads at NVC because it is specific to GUZ Consulate. Just hand write in the answers in Chinese and English and send it back to them with the rest of your packet.

Note: None of this rite cheer is advise only what werked for usins.

Thanks for the info buddy.

No, they never sent either one of us an E-mail. They sent me a 6 page packet in the mail.

The packet includes a page which they call the AOS processing fee Bill Invoice. It has...

A barcode on it

my name on it

son's GUZ number

Invoice date

Amount ($88)

and most importantly....

Invoice I.D. number

The packet has a Barcoded DS-3032 in it which has the son's name and GUZ number typed on it.

I think they have slipped in a major change on the procedure of this stuff of recent.

No e-mail sent to either of us.

I did everything according to the 2 instructions sheets and e-mailed in the OPTIN and DS-3032 on Feb 21st exactly as they said to do now.

1) Pay the AOS fee at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and get the cover sheet after they mark it paid, for the next steps.

2) Write OPTIN (followed by the GUZ number) in the subject line of an e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov and scan the DS-3032 to a PDF file and attach it to the e-mail.

2a) The body of the e-mail must have an e-mail address for the applicant, his name, his birth date, petitioner's name, petitioner's birth date, and petitioner's e-mail address.

I did everything exactly as they specified. Again, it appears there has been a change in their procedures....once again.

tsap seui

Then I went to the site to send in teh OPTIN material, and I attached the DS-3032.

Back in the day .. long long ago (3 years now!) They would mail the ds-3032 to CHINA for your wife to specify her choice of agent.

NO ONE ever waited that long of course, but you could download the form, fill it out and mail it in, OR you could send them an email (documented in the shortcut) with specific information in it, and they would accept the email instead of the ds-3032 paper.

At the time (again very long ago) email was WAY quicker just because snail mail is so slow.

My wife received her ds-3032 in the mail in China AFTER we had been approved, and the paper work sent to GUZ.

Glad we didn't wait on THAT!

Back in the day .. long long ago (3 years now!) They would mail the ds-3032 to CHINA for your wife to specify her choice of agent.

NO ONE ever waited that long of course, but you could download the form, fill it out and mail it in, OR you could send them an email (documented in the shortcut) with specific information in it, and they would accept the email instead of the ds-3032 paper.

At the time (again very long ago) email was WAY quicker just because snail mail is so slow.

My wife received her ds-3032 in the mail in China AFTER we had been approved, and the paper work sent to GUZ.

Glad we didn't wait on THAT!

Sadly, it looks like those days are gone.

I was all ready with 3 different shortcuts downloaded from VJ, have all the paperwork signed by rabbit and son....everything lined up, many hours of study under my belt, and ready to roll.....OPPSSS, change number 2,011

So, I roll with the punches. Lil' rabbit says many women are complaining about the slowness of NVC these days. As usual, we'll WAIT and see.

tsap seui

You guys DO have some catching up to do

Guide to I-130 NVC Processing

Dept of State (
DOS
) -
After receiving notification from the
NVC
to begin Applicant Document Processing, all applicants MUST:

1. Review
    the
    instructions
    IF
    the applicant or a child of the applicant is about to turn 21 years of age,
  2. Complete
    the
  3. Obtain and submit
    the
  4. Obtain and submit
    that meet the Department of State's immigration requirements.
  5. Review
    the
  6. Mail
    the
    DS-230
    and the applicant's civil documents, and the applicant's photographs to the

NVC
- Packet 3 Supplemental Information Sheet
This form is dated April, 2009 and IS required for
NVC
processing

DOS
-

or (preferrably) you may fill in and
save
the
, sign and scan the document, and attach that to an email

If you sign up for the electronic processing, you will receive an email containing something like the following:

The new case number starts with
GZO
(instead of
GUZ
) and is followed by a new set of ten numbers. This change was made to identify the case for both the
NVC
and the Consulate in Guangzhou as participating in electronic processing.

Your
GUZ
number is replaced with a different
GZO
case #. Remember that you will need to supply hard copies at the interview of all documents submitted electronically

GUZ
-

NVC
-

The
NVC
sends Form
DS-3032
Choice of Address and Agent (../visa/frvi_forms.html ) to the applicant (your spouse). The applicant selects an agent. The agent
can
be anyone, including the applicant. The
NVC
will mail all future letters (except for the Affidavit of Support, Form
I-864
) about processing the immigrant visa case to the agent. Make sure the postal address is correct and is kept up-to-date.

NVC
-

"In order to ensure a prompt response:

* The Subject Line of the e-mail should be the relevant
NVC
Case Number.

* Provide the applicant’s name and date of birth and the petitioner’s name and date of birth.

* If you are an attorney, include the name of the law office requesting the information.

* If the petition is employment-based, include the company/organizational name.

* Reference only one case per e-mail."

Dial-a-Human - dial 202-663-1225 Then press 1,5,0 to navigate the voice mail system to an actual human

Electronic Processing E-mail Address for Guangzhou: NVCElectronic@state.gov Send all
NVC
documents to this email address, if you have opted in for electronic processing

Check for current
here

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)