What if we go back to China before conditions are removed?

My wife has had her two year green card for a little over a year now, but my company is thinking about sending us back to Beijing to work in my office there again for one year.

We will still have a home and property here in the USA, and file taxes. If I was running for Mayor of Chicago the Supreme Court says I would be OK but what about getting her conditions removed?

I'm sure we could arrange to come back for the interview. What problems are we looking at if we do this?

Thanks!

Edited by Bill & Li Hong (see edit history)

My wife has had her two year green card for a little over a year now, but my company is thinking about sending us back to Beijing to work in my office there again for one year.

We will still have a home and property here in the USA, and file taxes. If I was running for Mayor of Chicago the Supreme Court says I would be OK but what about getting her conditions removed?

I'm sure we could arrange to come back for the interview. What problems are we looking at if we do this?

Thanks!

For the most part removal of conditions rarely has an interview, however there is a Biometrics appointment that needs to be done during the processing of I-751, but yes would have to interview in the USA if that happens. Filing I-751 generates a notice that extends green-card validity for 1 year, but I have seen a post where the officials in China would not allow travel back to the USA with expired card and letter.

If anticipating being away from the USA longer than 6 months, then file an I-131 for a re-entry permit. Technically not needed unless longer than 1 year and less than 2.

Keep in mind absence from USA longer than 6 months will affect when can file for naturalization if this is desired.