I still have not had the pleasure of a bad bed in China hell the blanket on my bed was 2 inches thick of down feathers :P  4 down feather pillows I slept like a king :P

The Hilton?

Next time you go to China go native.

I wish I could show you the pictures of my wife's apartment.

Beautiful Ceiling fixtures, gorgeous bamboo floor in the bedroom, Very Ornate wood furniture, no refrigerator, no microwave, no oven, no vacuum, and two front doors, one very nice looking wood door and one heavy duty steel door with ten dead bolts. Oh and I can not leave out the 27" TV with karaoke machine!

Does everybody in China have a karaoke machine? :blush:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have not had the pleasure of a bad bed in China hell the blanket on my bed was 2 inches thick of down feathers :P  4 down feather pillows I slept like a king :D

The Hilton?

Next time you go to China go native.

I wish I could show you the pictures of my wife's apartment.

Beautiful Ceiling fixtures, gorgeous bamboo floor in the bedroom, Very Ornate wood furniture, no refrigerator, no microwave, no oven, no vacuum, and two front doors, one very nice looking wood door and one heavy duty steel door with ten dead bolts. Oh and I can not leave out the 27" TV with karaoke machine!

Does everybody in China have a karaoke machine? ;)

I showed a friend at work pics of my MM's home and he was ;) he thought they slept on the floors like the Japs he was surprised at how nice it was I will have to post those pics also "Someday"

hi Marty, Darrell,

It took me a bit to get used to the beds, myself. but I must say after the second or third night, it wasn't to bad. I can't wait to see my wife's face when she gets into my King Size bed. It has a Bed pillow mattress also.

The one good thing I do like about my wifes home is the toilet. The master Bed room has a full bath with "Western" still seating.... ;)

I was soooo releaved...... ;) :D

BTW, Every home I went into, (My wifes friends house and others) all had the Karaoke machines.

Bryan

Hey try the bamboo bottom sheet in the summer, I do like the bed spread that is used in the winter, thin but warms you up quick, we are (wife) from Da Du Kou Dist. you missed out on the hot springs in CQ been there to several different ones so swimming was great even in the fall, alittle chilly when you got out but not bad at all

Hey Bryan, Hello Kaige,

i didn't get to the springs, or the Stone Carvings. Darn, guess I'll have to go back.

Kaige, you live near the zoo? I wanted to go there real bad, but couldn't get the bride to take me. We ended up at the Xi An zoo which sucks. One Panda in a rusty cage is not what I wanted to see.

I am looking forward to my wife's first night in a king size water bed.

Talk about culture shock!!!! :P

Hey Bryan, Hello Kaige,

i didn't get to the springs, or the Stone Carvings. Darn, guess I'll have to go back.

Kaige, you live near the zoo? I wanted to go there real bad, but couldn't get the bride to take me. We ended up at the Xi An zoo which sucks. One Panda in a rusty cage is not what I wanted to see.

I am looking forward to my wife's first night in a king size water bed.

Talk about culture shock!!!! :P

Marty

I talked to my MM she know that school and where your wife works I told her about your wife being robbed she said yes lots of "druggers" :P around there. I forgot to ask about the english corner.

Dazu stone carving was very nice you should see it, but still I really like old town the best I don't know why I just like walking around it except for the smell of sewage towards the end.

Marty

I talked to my MM she know that school and where your wife works I told her about your wife being robbed she said yes lots of "druggers" :P around there. I forgot to ask about the english corner.

Dazu stone carving was very nice you should see it, but still I really like old town the best I don't know why I just like walking around it except for the smell of sewage towards the end.

That's what my wife said. The guy was a drug addict.

Her nurse got robbed last night. Somebody broke in and took 1003 RMB from three girls. :P Nice, I can't wait to get her out of there.

The wife runs a Medical Station next to a Tea Room and across the street from what appeared to me to be a day care. There's also a large indoor food market around the corner (very dark and very dirty)

Where and what is old town?

I think when I go back I'd like to take a cruise down river to Shanghai.

Maybe wait till she gets the visa and do it on the way out of China. Catch a flight out of Shanghai and head for the States.

Guest markinaz
he thought they slept on the floors like the Japs

Whats a JAP? I read awhile where someone called the Chinese ladies "China dolls" It didnt go over well. I believe they are Japanese, or do you call Asians Orientals

Sorry about the off post but this hit a nerve with me. I lived in Japan and still have may Japanese freinds

he thought they slept on the floors like the Japs

Whats a JAP? I read awhile where someone called the Chinese ladies "China girls" It didnt go over well. I believe they are Japanese, or do you call Asians Orientals

Sorry about the off post but this hit a nerve with me. I lived in Japan and still have may Japanese freinds

Sorry not intended to offend, I am just a lazy typer, But I bet your friends have off the cuff nick names for us big nosed foreign devils don't they.

I lived for a couple years in Germany being called an "amie" basically an unpleasant way to refer to an American, some how I managed not to let it bother me, if people always run around looking for ways to be offended they will find plenty, but that is their choice.

it is a 10-15 minute taxi ride from her area it is just the old part of the city I think but has a lot of street vendors imagine it is like a flea market.

Sounds like my wife's neighborhood. At lunch time you have to walk in the street. you can buy just about anything you can imagine too, especially food.

My mom always used to say "Clean your plate. Don't you know there are children starving in China? Don't waste the food!"

I don't think so mom, There was plenty of food, and very good quality food.

it is a 10-15 minute taxi ride from her area it is just the old part of the city I think but has a lot of street vendors imagine it is like a flea market.

Sounds like my wife's neighborhood. At lunch time you have to walk in the street. you can buy just about anything you can imagine too, especially food.

My mom always used to say "Clean your plate. Don't you know there are children starving in China? Don't waste the food!"

If you look at the first 5 pics of my MM & me those were taken in old town

If you look at the first 5 pics of my MM & me those were taken in old town

Hey Marty,

If you go back to my web site you will also see a few photos of Old Town. I also thought it was a nice place to walk. I also have a couple photos showing a shrine being carried through the streets in Old Town. It was more for the tourists than anything else but it was a nice touch.

Hey Marty,

If you go back to my web site you will also see a few photos of Old Town. I also thought it was a nice place to walk. I also have a couple photos showing a shrine being carried through the streets in Old Town. It was more for the tourists than anything else but it was a nice touch.

Thanks Bryan,

Did you add more photos? I don't remember seeing a lot of them.

I gotta do the same thing and get some pics up. Better ask the bride first. I showed her the page at China Adviser and she was a little ticked that I didn't tell her what I was doing before I did it.

More STAIRS!!! Living in a flat state barely above sea level does not prepare one for walking in CQ.

By the way, did anybody have any experience with pickpockets?

Particularly in the area around the McDonalds? We had this weird little guy follow us all over the place untill I told WeiPing what was going on (he tried to get her phone card code off the phone she was using, but she didn't know how to use the card at a public phone). He had tried to pick my pocket but the wallet was safely in my inside jacket pocket. She ruined the fun by turning on him and yelling her head off. I wanted to let him keep following and have her punch random numbers into every payphone we passed. :lol: