• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little slow getting here, but better late than never.

Wei Ping runs a Medical Station in the West end of Yuzhong District.

Not the nicest neighborhood in town (she's been robbed at night on the street) but soon all that will change I hope.

I spent 2 weeks living there and going to work with her. Met a lot of very friendly people, and added about an inch of muscle to my legs.

I figure if we're not close to the end of the visa marathon by August I'll be headed back for a 2 week stay at least.

I'm a little slow getting here, but better late than never.

Wei Ping runs a Medical Station in the West end of Yuzhong District.

Not the nicest neighborhood in town (she's been robbed at night on the street) but soon all that will change I hope.

I spent 2 weeks living there and going to work with her. Met a lot of very friendly people, and added about an inch of muscle to my legs.

I figure if we're not close to the end of the visa marathon by August I'll be headed back for a 2 week stay at least.

This is to funny my MM just moved from the Yu zhong section to over by where Bryan's wife lives, I dont remember which part of it she lived in.

That's why all your photos looked familiar!!!!!

Do you know the middle school #52? The wife lives next door

I was only there for a 4.5 day blur I will send you her old address in PM I am not familiar enough with her town to say I do know her nephew went to school close to her house and did swimming at sports center near my hotel in a very cold pool in March, I felt for the poor kid he hated it.

I take it the pool was unheated. How barbaric!!! But that is a word that seems to describe China in general.

Aw, Come On, An unheated pool wouldn't be that bad.

When the Russians want to go out for a swim, they break a hole through 3 feet of ice (or so), and go for a nice leisurely swim!!!!!!!!

(of course, March would be a little early in the year for me, although I have been known to launch my inflatable kayak from snow banks).

I take it the pool was unheated. How barbaric!!! But that is a word that seems to describe China in general.

When the Russians want to go out for a swim, they break a hole through 3 feet of ice (or so), and go for a nice leisurely swim!!!!!!!!

(of course, March would be a little early in the year for me, although I have been known to launch my inflatable kayak from snow banks).

BARBARIC!!!!!

Keep in mind, I live in Florida and do not use the A/C. My heater gets turned on when the temperature drops below 75F.

I was freezing in BeiJing in October and they didn't plan on turning the heat on untill the end of November. Barbaric!!!!! :unsure:

BARBARIC!!!!!

Keep in mind, I live in Florida and do not use the A/C. My heater gets turned on when the temperature drops below 75F.

I was freezing in BeiJing in October and they didn't plan on turning the heat on untill the end of November. Barbaric!!!!! :unsure:

LOL I came back from CQ were it was over cast an a slight chill the whole time to TX were my kids spent the whole week at the pool they had great tans an looked healthy I loved CQ but the weather left a bit to be desired

LOL I came back from CQ were it was over cast an a slight chill the whole time to TX were my kids spent the whole week at the pool they had great tans an looked healthy I loved CQ but the weather left a bit to be desired

You described the weather conditions that existed the whole time I was there. I never saw the sun and wore a jacket and sweater the entire time.

Nights were fun. I'd close the windows. She'd go nuts yelling in Chinese and open them again. I would close the drapes and wait a while and then close the windows again. That worked for about 4 days, and then she caught on. More yelling!. :blush:

You described the weather conditions that existed the whole time I was there. I never saw the sun and wore a jacket and sweater the entire time.

Nights were fun. I'd close the windows. She'd go nuts yelling in Chinese and open them again. I would close the drapes and wait a while and then close the windows again. That worked for about 4 days, and then she caught on. More yelling!. :blush:

LMAO sounds like something I would do just to drive her nuts :P but I also like to sleep in a cool room with fresh air but only if I have warm blankets or a warm body(female) next to me, I think that comes from all those years sleeping outside when I was in the Army. only getting out of the sack in the morning really sucks cause it is so cold.

(pics to come someday)

Time for this to go?

And another thing!!!!!! What's with the two inch thick matress???

I'm a thin guy!! I need padding!!!!

:blush:

Oh it should be "More pics to come someday" I still have many more to post

I still have not had the pleasure of a bad bed in China hell the blanket on my bed was 2 inches thick of down feathers :P 4 down feather pillows I slept like a king :P