Supporting evidence for I-130 application

I am going to file my wife's immigration visa through DCF at the Beijing embassy.

I am 28 years old, and my wife is 26. We have been living together for over two and half years (since August 5, 2008). We have been married for over 1 and half years (since August 3, 2009). My wife and I have visited my family in America, and we have plane tickets and photos to prove it.

I couldn't get a joint bank account since I have been living in China for the last few years. I do have two apartment contracts with both of our names going back over the last year and half. My wife translated the documents herself, and we got the translation notarized in America.

Do you think the embassy will accept this this? It cost too much in China (over 2000rmb to translate and notarize).

Anyone have any advice with DCF in Beijing?

No, not exactly. I guess I was wondering if anyone tried to notarize Chinese documents in America had success with them being excepted at the Beijing embassy or GZ.

Yes, the first post helped with the basics, just didn't know notarizing a contract in China was so expensive.

I only had US documents notarized in the US which I then submitted in China. For all of our Chinese documents (birth cert, police cert, and marriage cert) we opted for the white books. Yes, they are expensive. I don't know why they wouldn't take your translations.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Just making sure, did you provide the following with your translation/notarization?

TRANSLATIONS

All documents that are in languages other then English must be translated. The translator must certify that they are fluent in both languages:

“I hereby certify that I am fluent and competent in both English and _____ and that I have translated the attached/above document from ______ into English. The translation is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.”

Signature

ID#

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Adfw7vvSyrAuZGQ2OW52M3RfMHZkbXhuZ2Ni&hl=en&pli=1

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Just making sure, did you provide the following with your translation/notarization?

TRANSLATIONS

All documents that are in languages other then English must be translated. The translator must certify that they are fluent in both languages:

¡°I hereby certify that I am fluent and competent in both English and _____ and that I have translated the attached/above document from ______ into English. The translation is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.¡±

Yes we included the certificate with the translations. Thanks for looking out

Signature

ID#

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Adfw7vvSyrAuZGQ2OW52M3RfMHZkbXhuZ2Ni&hl=en&pli=1