Hi from a new guy

Hi everyone, Man i knew i was going to be in for some waiting with the k-1 but after reading on here im am worried about things,we thought our wait was going to be 6 months. Also after the k-1 is forewarded to the NVC are they going to contact me for more info?

Yep some waiting involved.

Lately USCIS has bee SLOW 5-6 months just for them to approve the petition after that it spends a month or so at NVC. There is nothing that you need to do with NVC, they may send you a notice that a GUZ case number has been assigned and it has been sent to the consulate.

In K1 cases NVC will either mail the case to consulate which can take months to get received by consulate, or they may scan and send it to consulate which is faster.

Hi everyone, Man i knew i was going to be in for some waiting with the k-1 but after reading on here im am worried about things,we thought our wait was going to be 6 months. Also after the k-1 is forewarded to the NVC are they going to contact me for more info?

Lately USCIS has bee SLOW 5-6 months just for them to approve the petition after that it spends a month or so at NVC. There is nothing that you need to do with NVC, they may send you a notice that a GUZ case number has been assigned and it has been sent to the consulate.

In K1 cases NVC will either mail the case to consulate which can take months to get received by consulate, or they may scan and send it to consulate which is faster.

Thank you,i guess i missed read,i thought i read that some people were sending tax statements to the NVC. Yes i did read that they put the mail on a boat to China,LOL,oh man that is just crazy to me,in this day and age you put mail on a boat to go half way around the world?

Thank you,i guess i missed read,i thought i read that some people were sending tax statements to the NVC. Yes i did read that they put the mail on a boat to China,LOL,oh man that is just crazy to me,in this day and age you put mail on a boat to go half way around the world?

Immigrant visas such as CR-1, and IR-1 Spouse visas have document collection at NVC, however, K-1 is a NON-Immigrant type of visa, i has no extra processing at NVC, the required docuemnts like I-134 (Affidavit of support will be brought to the consulate at the time of interview.

Also the I-864 that NVC collects in Immigrant visa cases you will later send to USCIS when K-1 visa holder adjusts status after marriage in the USA.