P4 notification

Unless something has changed since our P4, no you will not get an email notification. You will need to call the DOS on a regular basis if you want to know this or just wait until the applicant gets it.

Yep, That's the way it works.

The only notice I got was a phone call at 2am from a very excited Chinese lady.

FYI the number to call Visa Services is: 202-663-1225

http://travel.state....w/how_1463.html

What information can be obtained from calling this number?

They will tell you if and when the consulate mails out P3 and P4. They will also tell you if and when an interview is scheduled.

Aaaargh

I called the telephone number you gave me and they said the package sent on September 16, 2010 has not been received yet by the consulate. I was tracking a DHL number that I thought was the package and thouht it was released from customs on Dec 8th. Boy was I wrong. I was referred to a telephone number at the NVC and when I spoke to a live person there they said the petition was send by boat to China.

Now I have no idea what to expect in the way of timing. I wonder how long it takes to get to China by boat from the NVC. Anyone have a clue what to expect?

My wife keeps reading on a site "001" about people getting their visa interview much quicker than us and can't understand why our process is taking so long.

Aaaargh

I called the telephone number you gave me and they said the package sent on September 16, 2010 has not been received yet by the consulate. I was tracking a DHL number that I thought was the package and thouht it was released from customs on Dec 8th. Boy was I wrong. I was referred to a telephone number at the NVC and when I spoke to a live person there they said the petition was send by boat to China.

Now I have no idea what to expect in the way of timing. I wonder how long it takes to get to China by boat from the NVC. Anyone have a clue what to expect?

My wife keeps reading on a site "001" about people getting their visa interview much quicker than us and can't understand why our process is taking so long.

There are two paths that can be taken at the NVC stage.

The traditional path, using snail mail, and the NVC sends the case using the slow boat to China.

The optional electronic path, opting in to the e-process at NVC sending scanned docs to them by email, and they send case to the consulate electronically.

Yep the slow-boat is painful.

They should "receive" any time now.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the "anytime now", you must be good luck.

My wife was very cool about the expected delay and said don't worry.

Wouldn't you know, This morning (Saturday in China) she got a call from the consulate asking her to confirm her contact information. Yipeeee!

I assume that means she will get her letter shortly. I am now hoping that the interview is scheduled for just after the Spring Festival so air travel will be easier.

One more big hurdle to overcome.

Thanks. Mike

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the "anytime now", you must be good luck.

My wife was very cool about the expected delay and said don't worry.

Wouldn't you know, This morning (Saturday in China) she got a call from the consulate asking her to confirm her contact information. Yipeeee!

I assume that means she will get her letter shortly. I am now hoping that the interview is scheduled for just after the Spring Festival so air travel will be easier.

One more big hurdle to overcome.

Thanks. Mike

Cool, our interview was the Monday of the week after spring festival, was a pain for us, we got to Guangzhou on the Wednesday prior hopeing to do medical on Thursday, and pick up results Saturday, ended up finding out medical center was closed and would not open until the day before interview. PAIN. Required a rush medical with expedite fee.

Dan,

Is the medical center open on Sunday? I plan to stay at the Yang's apartments and hope he can help us if we have the same issues as you had. I am surprised that they did the interview on Monday. I also seemed to have heard that some paperwork is required to be submitted to the consulate the day before the interview.

Dan,

Is the medical center open on Sunday? I plan to stay at the Yang's apartments and hope he can help us if we have the same issues as you had. I am surprised that they did the interview on Monday. I also seemed to have heard that some paperwork is required to be submitted to the consulate the day before the interview.

Good move staying with the Yangs, they helped get us to medical first thing in the morning Sunday.

We were K1 and had to pay fee prior to interview and get receipt, did this on the Friday.

Our interview was february 2007 there was no document drop off and finger prints the day prior to interview at that time. And if it were that way we would have done the prior drop off on the Friday before interview, the consulate was open the Friday befor, I visited the consulate to ask some questions.

They schedule both drop off and interview and will note this on interview letter.

See: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/changes-to-immigrant-visa-processing.html

Hi Dan.

I Just called the Visa center and they posted the interview date today for Tuesday, March 1st. Soooo excited!

When should we arrive in Guangzhou in order to allow time for the medical exams and vaccinations plus anything else required before the interview?

If, God willing, she is approved for her CR1 Visa we will wait in Guangzhou to pick it up. When do you think would be it would be advisable to schedule the flight out of Guangzhou?

Again, based on your recommendations, we will book lodging with the Yangs.

Thanks, Mike

Edited by mikeymark (see edit history)