Travel: Japan, Vietnam

Sent in the additional information by email on the 8th. Received the visas in today's mail. Just a few more things to finish and we will be ready come mid March to head to Japan.

Awesome! Thanks for the valuable info.

Would you suggest that my wife preemptively include a paystub from me and a copy of our marriage cert. for her visa app? (We have the flight and hotel itinerary already).

I'll be sending it off in a couple weeks.

Based on my experience I think I would include them. There was nothing on the Consulate web site that indicated it was needed or I would have included it in the beginning. My wife kept her family name when we married so they may have just needed that last little bit of evidence to ensure that we were indeed married.

I am working on my itinerary for things to see in Kyoto. I have even looked up some Chinese restaurants to visit just in case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rolled the dice and travelled to Kyoto this past Sunday. We have had a great time so far with no problems here with fallout (no pun intended) from the earthquake/sunami. We head back to the States on Saturday, and can`t say we are looking forward to it. The only complaint from my wife so far has been that it is cold here. She has been impressed with how clean everything is and that whatever we have eaten so far is really good. I had mentioned how clean things were to her but I don`t think she quite believed me. This evening though she said that the Japanese were ahead of her on clean.

There is no shortage (pun intended) of short skirts here. The ladies must be used to the cold because these are some of the shortest skirts I have seen in a long time. My wife has made mention of it as well. She even pointed out a young lady who was bent over looking at something on her bike, who was showing off her niceties. She was not bent over that far but her butt sure was exposed. It is sure a good thing that there is a lot of beautiful scenery here to look at or a guy could get into real trouble.

We flew Air China into KIX via LA to Beijing. I don`t think the Air China lady liked us as she did not try very hard to seat us together. The flight to Beijing was full so I can at least understand that leg. However, there were pobably only 50 of us on a 777 to KIX from Beijing and she did not even seat us in the same sections of the plane. Of course we moved but she did not earn the airlines any cudos.

Glad to hear all is well and you're all havig a good time.

My wife and I (mostly my wife) decided that she didn't want to go to Tokyo anymore. If it were up to me, I probably would have given it a shot...but obviously its not up to me...haha. I can live with eating the 7 bucks for the cost of the Japan Visa and now we get a few more days in China so that is fine with me.

Besides, its probably just as well. It sounds like there was too much potential for problems and mop slaps in Japan.