passport for new born baby

george lee

Y'all are going to take the baby over and show the grandparents? Of course!

yes, wife been talking about it. china here we come!!!

I got my Son, David a passport last year. I just had to wait for the birth certificate and then I took another step and waited for his SSN number/card to arrive. When I had them - I took him to the local post office (after filing out the form) held him under the arms for the picture....sent it off...and without a hitch I had his new passport. The only thing...it's only good for 5 years.... I then after getting the passport - sent his and mine off to get visas and we both got a 1 year multiple entry - we had no problems entering or exiting the PRC this last SE/Oct/Nov. Piece of cake compared to the VISA thing for his mom to come to the US>

One parent exiting the US with a child, particularly a small one, would be well advised to carry a notarized consent letter from the other parent, stating its ok for the child to leave with the single parent. Obviously, you up your profiling parameters for curious customs enforcement officers if the child looks to be of a different race ---- ie Han, on the way to China. Its rare to be stopped at exit, but not unheard of. Whites leaving China with small Han children can: "expect delays".