Chat log content

I went through some of the chat logs that I have. Obviously, some of them will not be used. Now on some others, there is word or two that could possibly create the wrong impressions on what would otherwise be a usable transcript. My thought is that if I were to cross out the word or words that I figure would make the wrong impression, I'm inviting unwanted suspicion. So instead of redacting specific words, I was thinking of simply removing the line from the transcript copy. The only foreseeable problem with removing specific lines is it could show key gaps from previous or subsequent transcripts. So with that being said, my thought is if there is any part of a chat transcript that I would not want to be read by someone else for whatever reason, then the entire transcript should not be used.

Here is the deal with chat transcripts, emails, and old fassion written letters, they don't read them, they do not have the time to do that. They only use them to see common language, they can be in Chinese or any other language and do not need a translation. You can blank out whatever for whatever reason.

Logs is just a listing of times and dates you chatted or sent or received emails, in the case of emails just a list of emails.

I kept a folder in my email that contained our emails and printed just the list, same with chat and skype logs. I then picked 1 or 2 emails per month and sent those nothing racy just common communication, and just the logs, and perhaps one or two chats.

Here is the deal with chat transcripts, emails, and old fassion written letters, they don't read them, they do not have the time to do that. They only use them to see common language, they can be in Chinese or any other language and do not need a translation. You can blank out whatever for whatever reason.

Logs is just a listing of times and dates you chatted or sent or received emails, in the case of emails just a list of emails.

I kept a folder in my email that contained our emails and printed just the list, same with chat and skype logs. I then picked 1 or 2 emails per month and sent those nothing racy just common communication, and just the logs, and perhaps one or two chats.

I tried doing a search first for the answer. The search function requires a longer sting than two characters. It doesn't allow me to looking for information on "QQ". I am planning to show the logs to as we communicate using QQ most of the time. In QQ you can see and speak to each other at the same time. I can speak a little Chinese but I can't read/write Chinese. She can't speak or write English. So we communicate orally. I am wondering is this useful showing the logs. I sometimes use a calling cards to call her because the Internet lines are slow during the night. I usually don't use calling card because of cost. It's $3 per card and $3 to print out the numbers. Don't know if these QQ logs can be modified.

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to disagree with "blanking out" anything evidence you provide. If you have any question about your evidences, DON'T PROVIDE IT. Just pick other chats, emails, or phone logs to submit. If in the interview GUZ asks for them, they will READ it. Let's not play dice with evidence.

Here is my advice. Most people have hundreds of chat logs, emails, phone calls, etc. Arrange large set based on "early, middle and late" parts of the relationship.

@William Lee: For QQ, export the members chat. It's that easy. If she cannot speak or chat english, what is the evidence of doing it "orally" going to prove? You may have bigger problems than GUZ if this is the case. That aside, you'd better have good evidence.

• 3 weeks later...

We use QQ.

My chat log, when dumped to a MHT (complete HTML package) file and then converted to PDF, is already more than one thousand pages. By the time she goes to the visa interview it will probably be more than two thousand pages.

I plan to print the PDF file using multi-page format, 6 pages per page and print on both sides. That way it can be printed out using less than 100 sheets of paper stapled together. Then I will select no more than 10 pages to be printed in regular page size. The point is that they will NOT use a magnifier to read the whole 1000 pages. The volume of the thing will impress them which will be enough. I have nothing to hide. I just want to make sure that they don't desire to read our privacies.