Got the blue slip

My wife got the blue slip yesterday. I was not able to be there for the interview. Two issues were noted on the blue slip. First was the fact that my income level was insufficient, (between jobs now,... got laid off) and VO also wanted to know how I was able to go to China 3 times in 1 year with such low income.

The second was to explain in detail about my ex-wife,.. how we met,.. etc,.. etc. I had included a letter about the ex for the interview but apparently the VO didn't bother to read it.

What can I do at this time about my income while looking for a better paying job? Not a big demand for graphic designers in a small city. Any help would be much appreciated or better still a better job would solve everything. A BFA degree with 20 years experience didn't do much for me but I believe this phase will soon pass and all will be well again.

Get a joint sponsor, that makes enough to sponsor, they will provide an I-134 if for K-1 or an I-864 if CR-1.

As for EOR include it with the overcome, the income issue was what stalled the visa the VO wants the EOR but since income was the issue they did not need the EOR at the interview it would not have made any difference.

As for how you afforded 3 trips, they suspect benificiary or benificiary's family may have paid this is a BIG RED FLAG. You need to provide evidence that you coud afford the trips.

Ed,

Sorry to hear about the blue slip. Your wife and my wife are friends and they have been talking over the past months. Last night she told me about your interview and i have your number to call you possibly tonight.

My advise was going to be to have you come on CFL as the members here give great help, support and advise......but you have already found your way here.

It looks like a joint sponsor is going to be what you need, hopefully you have someone who can do this for you.

Good Luck......talk to you soon.

As was stated, getting a sponsor will solve that issue.

The trips need to be explained and I would think you can do that. Where did the money come from? You may need to show bank balances around the time of purchase. If you used frequently flyer miles, show that.

The "ex" may or may not be an issue... since I can see it loosely tied to the "trip" question depending on the circumstances. What is the nationality of your "ex" and did you file for her previously? What is your nationality?

GUZ often does NOT take such letters at the interview. That is why we recommend people to submit that with the initial filing. Explain such issues up front so USCIS sees it, approves the package and sends on to GUZ who can read about it.

Another point to stress is to really educate the interviewee ahead of time about what she has with her and what might be asked for and to absolutely make sure she walks away from that window understanding the issues and what is needed and being sure she doesn't have what they need right there. I know that is a tall order but that should be the goal. I see so many interviews here where the VO assumes the interviewee has nothing prepared and doesn't ask for something but just gives a blue with the assumption they don't have it. This happened to us with CCP when the VO immediately said "well, unfortunately you will have to..." and my gal immediately whipped out the CCP response letter she had prepared and that chopped one month off the process in those 2 seconds. That was direct advice from mamabear here over 2 years ago that was extremely useful.

So it was good you had the Ex covered in the EOR but it sounds like your gal wasn't really aware that she had that information so it could be immediately provided. You said he didn't look at it, but did she offer it and he explicitly refused? I can understand if she didn't really understand all that was going on, they try and make the interview very quick.

Another point to stress is to really educate the interviewee ahead of time about what she has with her and what might be asked for and to absolutely make sure she walks away from that window understanding the issues and what is needed and being sure she doesn't have what they need right there. I know that is a tall order but that should be the goal. I see so many interviews here where the VO assumes the interviewee has nothing prepared and doesn't ask for something but just gives a blue with the assumption they don't have it. This happened to us with CCP when the VO immediately said "well, unfortunately you will have to..." and my gal immediately whipped out the CCP response letter she had prepared and that chopped one month off the process in those 2 seconds. That was direct advice from mamabear here over 2 years ago that was extremely useful.

So it was good you had the Ex covered in the EOR but it sounds like your gal wasn't really aware that she had that information so it could be immediately provided. You said he didn't look at it, but did she offer it and he explicitly refused? I can understand if she didn't really understand all that was going on, they try and make the interview very quick.

Yep, you hit on what the consulate calls "Timely Manner"

2. Why didn¡¯t the interviewing officer take all my documents? I had everything with me at the window!

Consular officers will occasionally give applicants a refusal sheet requesting that they submit documents that they brought with them to the interview. This happens because the applicant also needs to provide other information that they did not have at the interview, and the officer would prefer to review everything together at a later time, either because the applicant was having difficulty locating documents in a timely manner, or the information was in a format that cannot be stored in the Consulate (such as a large photo album).

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#I2

Thanks for all your input,... I did have a joint sponsor with six figure income but the VO did not accept it.

Cory nice to meet you,.. call me sometime. Wang told me Lixu would be calling me.

Any other ideas beside waiting till I get a better paying job and show pay stubs?

Thanks for the input.

Edward

I think your not quite getting it.

GUZ did not accept it because they rarely accept something they did not ask for. They are issuing the blue slip so you can submit it at that time.

The Blue slip means for you to take care of these issues... get a joint sponsor for the income issue.

Gather what you need for the blue slip and submit it. You don't need to wait on these unless you choice to do. And I would say that choosing to delay submitting blue slip evidence is not in your best interest in most cases.

Thanks for all your input,... I did have a joint sponsor with six figure income but the VO did not accept it.

Really? It was offered to him and what did he do? Not look at it, or look at it and see some problem with it?

Sounds like you need to prepare a formal response, explaining the sponsor, including the I-134s again, detailing more the EOR, and certainly documenting how the trips were paid for. If they were paid for from the Chinese side then yeah that's gonna be trouble.

This looks like one of those cases where they want more time to review case, they want the evidence turned in for further review, decision was not going to be made at the window.

Better blue than white.

My wife got the blue slip yesterday. I was not able to be there for the interview. Two issues were noted on the blue slip. First was the fact that my income level was insufficient, (between jobs now,... got laid off) and VO also wanted to know how I was able to go to China 3 times in 1 year with such low income. The second was to explain in detail about my ex-wife,.. how we met,.. etc,.. etc. I had included a letter about the ex for the interview but apparently the VO didn't bother to read it.

What can I do at this time about my income while looking for a better paying job? Not a big demand for graphic designers in a small city. Any help would be much appreciated or better still a better job would solve everything. A BFA degree with 20 years experience didn't do much for me but I believe this phase will soon pass and all will be well again.

Hello ;

In my opinion , the income thing was not the main reason that the VO was concerned about . He had a suspicion about your relationship . Please be sure you address this clearly beyond any reasonable doubt that your marriage is legitimate and not arranged for immigration purpose only . Of course, you should submit your co-sponsor letter along with others .

I know if you are innocent , you shall be able to overcome this.