AOS for K1 Visa

I found the information I was looking for! I kept asking her if they gave her ANYTHING at the hospital and she couldn't get past the idea that everything she had was either in my possession or given at the airport. It turns out that she has a HUGE record of her examination and vaccinations from the Shanghai International Travel Healthcare Center.

dnoblett: Thank you for suggesting she look for the "yellow book" because that is what triggered her memory. She has that too.

Included in the big folder is a U.S. govt paper titled "VACCINATION DOCUMENTATION WORKSHEET" and it says "For Use with DS-2053 or DS-2054" (OMB No. 1405-0113) Not sure if this is something like the DS-3025 that you suggested the US Civil Surgeon uses to transfer the records. But the sheet looks nearly identical to the vaccination section on the I-693.

It shows that she had the specific 3 you were talking about (Td, MMR, and Varicella) and each is marked with a date next to "Vaccine Given by Panel Physician" and then out to the side under each of these three the box "Insufficient Time Interval" is checked. I am not sure what this means, but it falls under the category of "Not Medically Appropriate." The rest of the vaccines have a a check mark under "Not Age Appropriate"

A more complete listing on another page shows that all 3 of these shots were given only 1 time each. The TD has an additional ¡°µÜ2´Î£¬ µÚ3´Î£¬ ¼ÓÇ¿¡± £¨2nd time, 3rd time, booster?) and the MMR and Varicella only have a "µÚ2´Î". Which of these additional shots will be required, if any?

Can't wait to pay a Civil Surgeon to copy some redundant forms!

• 3 weeks later...

I am sending the I-485 package today. I am sending it with all forms and signatures with her full Chinese name. The only document that indicates a name change is where she "signed" the marriage certificate. (I actually had her print it, because it doesn't make sense to sign your name in the ONE spot anyone would know a change had been made.)

My last question is -- Do I need extra copies of "supporting documents" for the I-131 and the I-765. I am sending these two forms with the I-485. By supporting documents I mean, do I need 6 passport photos (rather than 2), 3 copies of biographic pages of her visa (rather than 1), 3 copies of I-94 (rather than 1), etc.

The reason I ask is I was looking for an example cover sheet and the example made it look like multiple copies of the same exact stuff where included in that ONE I-485 package.

It would make sense to me if 6 photos were needed, but not 3 copies of all that other crap. I need to know quickly because we're running out of these photos even though she made a million of them and I don't want to waste time making more right now.

Thanks!

I am sending the I-485 package today. I am sending it with all forms and signatures with her full Chinese name. The only document that indicates a name change is where she "signed" the marriage certificate. (I actually had her print it, because it doesn't make sense to sign your name in the ONE spot anyone would know a change had been made.)

My last question is -- Do I need extra copies of "supporting documents" for the I-131 and the I-765. I am sending these two forms with the I-485. By supporting documents I mean, do I need 6 passport photos (rather than 2), 3 copies of biographic pages of her visa (rather than 1), 3 copies of I-94 (rather than 1), etc.

The reason I ask is I was looking for an example cover sheet and the example made it look like multiple copies of the same exact stuff where included in that ONE I-485 package.

It would make sense to me if 6 photos were needed, but not 3 copies of all that other crap. I need to know quickly because we're running out of these photos even though she made a million of them and I don't want to waste time making more right now.

Thanks!

You need to treat the I-485, I-765 and I-131 as if you are sending separately, so NO they can not share evidence. When bundling the application bind the I-485, I-765 and I-131 separately with a large paperclip or ACCO fastener.

So in the envelope there will be Two copies of I-94, 6 passport photos 2 for each application. I beleive the I-131 only needs a copy of the I-94 card and photos attached, and I-765 only needs photos attached.

3) Best to consult family doctor as to what and where can get done where costs the least vaccinations or titer tests.

What is required:

• MMR (Mumps, Measles, Rubella)
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox)
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

I followed the paper trail of references from the I-693 instructions back to the CDC and came to this table:

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Labelled "Requirements for routine vaccination of adjustment of status applicants who are not fully vaccinated or lack documentation"

It indicates that MMR is not required for 18 and over. Is this true?

Flu vaccine is required if in flu season...

Now, if I follow other trails from the technical directions:

"The required vaccines based on the applicant's age at the time of the medical evaluation must be administered. Age-based immunization schedules recommended by ACIP should be followed and are available at: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules".

I get to this table:

http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4030.pdf

Which shows that MMR is required as well as Hep A and B (which are multi-course)

but the technical instructions give this example:

"For example, if the applicant is 35 years of age, then he or she is required to receive tetanus and diphtheria toxoids vaccine (Td) or diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis antigen vaccine (Tdap), MMR, and varicella (if no history of varicella disease). If the applicant had previously received a dose or doses of a required vaccine but had not completed the series, then the next required dose should be administered according to standard ACIP recommendations."

What is right?!?

Lee

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)

3) Best to consult family doctor as to what and where can get done where costs the least vaccinations or titer tests.

What is required:

I followed the paper trail of references from the I-693 instructions back to the CDC and came to this table:

http://www.cdc.gov/i...tions.html#tbl1

Labelled "Requirements for routine vaccination of adjustment of status applicants who are not fully vaccinated or lack documentation"

Lee

Interesting, however my wife was not allowed to attend college without proof of amunity to Mumps, Measles and Rubella (MMR) she had the first shot in China, and later got tested (Titer test) for immunity. Is best to check with US Civil Surgeon to see what is required.

In your case your wife attended college in the USA, so should have a record of vaccinations and/or immunity needed for college.

The PDF table is what they go by, MMR YES, however the table only says HEP A, B only if have risk factors.

Note, US Civil Surgeon should be fine with the first shots of a series.

What is required:

http://www.cdc.gov/i...tions.html#tbl1

Now, if I follow other trails from the technical directions:

"The required vaccines based on the applicant's age at the time of the medical evaluation must be administered. Age-based immunization schedules recommended by ACIP should be followed and are available at: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules".

I get to this table:

http://www.immunize....atg.d/p4030.pdf

Which shows that MMR is required as well as Hep A and B (which are multi-course)

but the technical instructions give this example:

"For example, if the applicant is 35 years of age, then he or she is required to receive tetanus and diphtheria toxoids vaccine (Td) or diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis antigen vaccine (Tdap), MMR, and varicella (if no history of varicella disease). If the applicant had previously received a dose or doses of a required vaccine but had not completed the series, then the next required dose should be administered according to standard ACIP recommendations."

What is right?!?

Lee

Your civil surgeon has access to the latest requirements (which can change daily, if needed). Assuming they're not trying to sell you on unneeded treatment, that is.

Remember that the CDC provides medical advice, in addition to immigration requirements.

Your civil surgeon has access to the latest requirements (which can change daily, if needed). Assuming they're not trying to sell you on unneeded treatment, that is.

.. and there lies the conflict of interest I have called around and gotten vastly different answers depending on what they want to sell me...

Fortunately there is a recommendation in the Seattle area on the civil surgeon thread so will try there but want to make sure I give my family doctor the low down on the vaccinations needed.

Remember that the CDC provides medical advice, in addition to immigration requirements.

.. and since the immigration requirements are tied to the CDC advice the "requirements" will float with the advice of the time, maybe... that doesn't make them very firm requirements... eek

Doesn't sound like many people have had problems with this though. It all comes down to getting the CS to sign his/her name down for the fee!

The PDF table is what they go by, MMR YES, however the table only says HEP A, B only if have risk factors.

Isn't living in China a risk factor?? My family doctor (coincidentally a Chinese woman) was a bit worried that I was making frequent trips to China, (risk of getting Hep from the food) and being close to a Chinese woman so I went through the Hep vaccines.

But I guess once you move to the U.S. the risk decreases and you either have it by that time or not so a vaccine won't do any good.

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)

.. and there lies the conflict of interest I have called around and gotten vastly different answers depending on what they want to sell me...

Fortunately there is a recommendation in the Seattle area on the civil surgeon thread so will try there but want to make sure I give my family doctor the low down on the vaccinations needed.

.. and since the immigration requirements are tied to the CDC advice the "requirements" will float with the advice of the time, maybe... that doesn't make them very firm requirements... eek

Doesn't sound like many people have had problems with this though. It all comes down to getting the CS to sign his/her name down for the fee!

Yes - that flexibility is built in in case an epidemic needs a quick response - rarely (if ever) happens.

Hi guys,

I noticed you all are talking about the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet with the for use with Ds-2053 etc. thing. I heard on Visa journey you can just submit this without transcribing it to the I-693?

Even if I did have to have a civil surgeon transcribe it, he only has the first set of shots of the MMR, TD, Varicella. None done on Influenza. Should I be looking around for these shots to be done before doing the I-693?

Edited by luckystar (see edit history)

My lady came on a K-1 visa, I had the information transcribed onto the I-693 from the DS-3025 that was marked incomplete for not enough time interval to complete the shots. The lady sold me on giving her a TDAP and MMR to finish the series and I had to get her a influenza vaccine. The shots and the paperwork ran me $220. I figured she will need it anyways when she starts school so meh. Better to be safe than sorry. Also if you can find your county health department they are usually cheaper and might know the procedure better. Thats where I went.

Hi guys,

I noticed you all are talking about the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet with the for use with Ds-2053 etc. thing. I heard on Visa journey you can just submit this without transcribing it to the I-693?

Even if I did have to have a civil surgeon transcribe it, he only has the first set of shots of the MMR, TD, Varicella. None done on Influenza. Should I be looking around for these shots to be done before doing the I-693?

The civil surgeon is the man here - you MUST get his signature on the I-693 that her vaccinations are up to date for immigration purposes. The first shot of a series is typically all that is needed

The civil surgeon will also offer his medical opinion about what she needs.

We are talking about adjusting status from a K visa in the US, NOT about applying for a CR/IR visa.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • 10 months later...

2) Yes, if vaccinated at the medical center for travel or immigrations reasons they will issue a passport sized yellow book documenting this.

At some places, the yellow book is an additional fee. The bottom line is, make sure you ask for it and pay for it. Don't cut corners with this.

Another option for K-1 is to have the med center do a DS-3025 vaccinations report, like what is needed for a CR-1 visa, and have the DS-3025 placed is a separate sealed envelope, bring it to USA, and simply mail that in with the I-485 when adjusting status, when this is done, NO I-693 needed.