Boost Mobile has unlimited talk and text plan for extra $5

Hi all,

A couple of years ago I couldn't find an easy and cheap way to text China from the US with a cell phone. However, now I noticed that Boost Mobile has unlimited talk/text/web, etc. for $50 and for only another $5 you can add unlimited international support. That seems MUCH cheaper than any other plan out there. Has anyone tried this service? If you have tried it, has there been any problems with sending/receiving Chinese characters? The service is called "international connect".

I think this service is owned by Sprint and is on CDMA.

I also noticed that T-mobile finally has a International texting only bundle for $5 more. We currently have a cheap T-Mobile family plan but am thinking of changing.

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! Sorry no! I guess it kinda sounded that way :rolleyes: . I was just looking around cell phone plans and noticed this one. As far as I know no other cell phone plans offers this for the price. I haven't tried it but was wondering if anyone else had and if they had any problems.

I have boost mobile with this plan and it works very well, but, AT&T with the Iphone also has international translations in the phone, hhmmm, I wonder if we could put the boost plan with the Iphone translations and then we'd have a hell of a phone system, I'll be among some of the first to get it :D

My wife has the Boost Mobile plan. You have to buy the phone and then the service is paid monthly with no contract. She pays the $50 month for unlimited talk/text/internet in the USA and the extra $5 a month gives her unlimited talk (not text) to several countries including China (for now). I was skeptical but so far after 3 months she is still calling China with unlimited minutes.

The reception is much better her locally than my crap AT&T service. The cost is cheaper also. I am thinking of dropping my AT&T and getting the Boost except that I dont want to buy a new phone.

I highly recommend it for any Chinese spouse in the USA.