Update

HongKong2LA

I haven't had much free time to give an update. Well, she finally arrived. POE at LAX was no problem and uneventful except for the fact that the IO that stamped her passport hand wrote the expiration date of the I-551 (?) as 10/23/2010 :blink: instead of 2012, I don't know if that will be a problem later or not. She got here a week ago yesterday (10/24). It's been a whirlwind of activity trying to get everything done and the week has passed quickly. So far she likes everything here and I think she kind of even prefers the local Ralph's (she's like a kid in a candy store when we go there) to the Ranch Market (Chinese) nearby, but I doubt she would admit that :lol: Halloween was a big hit. We got Sandy started in school last week, 7th grade and Aiai started her English classes today. We hit the local Farmers Market Saturday morning and she really liked that. Mostly it's been day to day stuff we've been doing but as we start to get our new routines established and settled I want to start taking them on some road trips around California. Looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. More to come.

Edited by HongKong2LA (see edit history)

Probably brain fart on the part of POE officer, many somply make it 90 days. Should have permanent card within a month or so.

That expiration date COULD be a problem if she NEEDS the I-551 for anything prior to the actual I-551 green card arriving - if she wants to work, attend school, or get a driver's license, for example.

If so, you may want to make an InfoPass appt - I would expect you can easily get an I-551 stamp with the correct date.

Then again, you may want to just sit tight until the actual green card shows up.

Glad you and your family finally made it ~ ! "...So far she likes everything here and I think she kind of even prefers the local Ralph's (she's like a kid in a candy store when we go there) to the Ranch Market (Chinese)..."

My prediction: that will wear off... My wife was the same way---TOTALLY intrigued by catsup when she first arrived, put it on everything... lasted two weeks, then back to very traditional Chinese cuisine ... where it remains today :lol:

Jeff, it was heart warming to read your post. She's here, man!!!!!!! I can imagine your elation. ;)

I hope you'll post more of your family's success story.

tsap seui