Story of a elderly Chinese woman. (Chinese Wisdom)

Chinese Proverb.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Misc%20Junk%20for%20posting/chinesewatercarrier.png

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. 'I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.'

The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?'

'That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.' For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house.'

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.

You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

SO, to all of my cracked pot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!

http://www.onenessblessing-dfw.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/pot_water2_sm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chinese Proverb.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Misc%20Junk%20for%20posting/chinesewatercarrier.png

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. 'I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.'

The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?'

'That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.' For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house.'

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.

You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

SO, to all of my cracked pot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!

http://www.onenessblessing-dfw.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/pot_water2_sm.jpg

Very nice!

I've heard it several times in China, (slightly different versions, and attributed to several different dynasties) ... the Emperor is getting old, and the last 1/3 of his life was dedicated to fathering an heir to his throne, but sadly to no avail... His back is now against the wall, and his trusted advisor, his first eunuch, finally takes him aside,gently, and tells him: The time has come. You must find a successor outside of your bloodline.

The Emperor is actually relieved, because its a decision he has dreaded for a long time. And together, they form a plan to identify the new Emperor from all the young boys of the kingdom. So even as the old Emperor could not plant his own seed successfully, he opens the competition to all the boys of the kingdom between ages 10 and 12. Its a rather simple test really, each can come to the Forbidden City and each is given a flower pot, and is to select from a large bowl, one seed, of a wide variety of seeds in the bowl, take it home, and grow it.

In 6 months time, all the boys are to come back, and bring with them the plant they grew from their seed, to show the Emperor and his trusted eunuch. The boy with the plant that is the most beautiful will become the next Emperor.

On the appointed day, the boys all line up in the square, of course, accompanied, by doting mothers, and family members, and what a WONDERFUL sight it is! Beautiful, exotic flowers of every color and from every corner of the world! Fragrance so sweet that the square was almost overpowered with the heady aroma at the slightest breeze... As the Emperor and trusted eunuch walk down the line of boys, examining and admiring all the entries, and congratulating them individually for the fine flowers that they have propagated, they come to one very sad boy, so ashamed that he turns away, holding his empty flower pot. When the Emperor and trusted eunuch ask him kindly: "son, why is your flower pot empty?" The boy bursts into tears: "Dear Emperor, I selected the seed which I thought would grow the most beautiful flower for you. and I took it home, and nurtured it every day, before and after school, but it never grew. And now, I'm so ashamed."

After a brief pause, in the courtyard, with all the wonder fragrance, from all the beautiful flowers, as the Emperor and the trusted eunuch conferred quietly together, finally the Emperor placed his hand on the lad's shoulder and announced to the assembled crowd: "NOTICE TO ALL! Stands before you is my successor! The next Emperor of China!

"FOR YOU SEE: The night before the boys arrived at the Forbidden City, I had my trusted eunuch boil in water all the seeds to be distributed the next day. None of them could grow, but only ONE boy was strong enough, and honest enough to face the Emperor with that truth. These are the true characteristics of Emperor!