ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

One thing to keep in mind is that the visa situation is more difficult now than it seems to have been for the last 5 years I've been on this board. That is my observation. So one has to be smart about what they are doing and how they do it. If patience is truly a virtue, then seek it like water on a desert. Yes, follow your heart but be restrained by common sense (and general knowledge of the visa situation).

I'll repeat this with a comparison. GUZ probably has hundreds of interviews a day; Your lady is just a number to them. Her case file is just paper and ink. The american's feelings about having found a 'soulmate' or not being able to wait to be together with the 'love of their life' is immaterial.

The cases files for the day reveal 90% filers who have a brief chatting period, visited once and married (and then filed) or filed K1. Many don't have a common language which even 10,000 emails don't help. Some did not visit again before the interview. These are the low hanging fruit for GUZ.

Then there are those 10% which visited a few times first before filing. Some even had relationships of a year or two before marrying or filing. Some of these lived in China a few years and spend lots of time together.

Our own past statistics have shown that denying a DCF is incredibly rare, for obvious reasons; and that K1 denials are the highest. There is a pecking order to these relationships (ie: that's my code word for 'profiling'). The further out you take the relationship, generally the better it will look on paper, since that is all they have to go by.

Of course I am generalize and cases are reviewed on their own basis... but don't think they are not weighed against the next guy who has dated for 2 years and took his time and their english communication is easily demonstrated. Of course there are exceptions. Pick your odds as you like.

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

One thing to keep in mind is that the visa situation is more difficult now than it seems to have been for the last 5 years I've been on this board. That is my observation. So one has to be smart about what they are doing and how they do it. If patience is truly a virtue, then seek it like water on a desert. Yes, follow your heart but be restrained by common sense (and general knowledge of the visa situation).

I'll repeat this with a comparison. GUZ probably has hundreds of interviews a day; Your lady is just a number to them. Her case file is just paper and ink. The american's feelings about having found a 'soulmate' or not being able to wait to be together with the 'love of their life' is immaterial.

The cases files for the day reveal 90% filers who have a brief chatting period, visited once and married (and then filed) or filed K1. Many don't have a common language which even 10,000 emails don't help. Some did not visit again before the interview. These are the low hanging fruit for GUZ.

Then there are those 10% which visited a few times first before filing. Some even had relationships of a year or two before marrying or filing. Some of these lived in China a few years and spend lots of time together.

Our own past statistics have shown that denying a DCF is incredibly rare, for obvious reasons; and that K1 denials are the highest. There is a pecking order to these relationships (ie: that's my code word for 'profiling'). The further out you take the relationship, generally the better it will look on paper, since that is all they have to go by.

Of course I am generalize and cases are reviewed on their own basis... but don't think they are not weighed against the next guy who has dated for 2 years and took his time and their english communication is easily demonstrated. Of course there are exceptions. Pick your odds as you like.

Very well said David. A person would be wise to listen but you know how it is when you are in love especially when first in love and with someone that 9,000 miles away. They get anxious then start hating their government for keeping them apart is the next logical step in the process.

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

Another danged good post David.

I swear and be damned but, lands o'goshen if'n you don't make me think you must have hillbilly blood runnin' through yore veins to come up with logic likey that thar stuff you post.

tsapacious seuisimus

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

you know how it is when you are in love especially when first in love and with someone that 9,000 miles away. They get anxious then start hating their government for keeping them apart is the next logical step in the process.

You know as well as I do; most find this site AFTER filing and so there is not too much help we can offer regarding this kind of advise. I guess I suddenly felt the presence of fresh meat and got caught up in the pulpit :D

if'n you don't make me think you must have hillbilly blood runnin' through yore veins to come up with logic likey that thar stuff you post.

Yes, seems this logic is affecting Lulu now... after dating her for 18 months and then marrying on the 4 visit and already visiting a 5th time and still not filing yet... I told her in the beginning, we can risk waiting a long time under denial or wait and develop our relationship. We picked the latter... but she says to me now; 'maybe we wait another year to file. Will the government think that is a better relationship picture?' :blink: B) I think it's cheaper to file now instead of 5 more visits :lol:

Todd, with all due respect.....are you familiar with the term "wearing rose colored glasses?" You hardly know this woman and now you are ready to commit to her and you know nothing of her culture. :unsure:

Sure when one falls in love they are certain to put on the rose colored glasses but more often than not, they come off and there is another picture all together.

All we are saying is give this more time. If you jump the gun then either the USCIS or GUZ could stop you and make you wait or you could have a huge surprise waiting for you.

You are 57 years old so you old enough to be wise enough. Chinese women can be very difficult to live with. :blink:

Good luck to you in whatever you choose. :)

I'll agree with Charles Take your time and learn about your gals culture and her believes.

It's not as easy as you may think..

The paper work is the easy part :huh:

Learning about your future wire can take Months/years and then again you may never completely understand her.

Trust me and the others that have repliedto you question in the thread.

We all have been down this road with out Chinese woman and still are learning after years being with them.

You have gotten some good advise here from both David and Charles and the others.

I'll give ya my two cents worth.

You'll NEVER! completely understand your Chinese gal 100%

I guess to translate this for ya is like this.

Just Say Yes dear,No dear,What ever you say dear,It's fine with me dear Ya get the idea?

In the long run and if god is on your side you'll have a wonderful wife and a wonderful life that you'll never forget about.

Trust me and the others here on CFL, It's worth the time,money, and the joy of the bumpy road living with a Chinese woman from China. Ya gotta love it!! :D

BTW: Welcome to CFL.

You guys crack me up. :lol:

David, The man of wisdom that helped me from the start of joining CFL.

And my hillbilly buddy bro tsap that always keep the country blood flowing in me.

We need a good ol fashion cook out with beer and some 4-wheeler fun in the woods. :o