Daughters age

Hello Everyone,

My futre wife's daughter is over eighteen. I know I must marry in the U.S. My question is, if her daughter turns 21 before she receive her visa to the U.S., what happens?

Is she able to come over at the same time as her mother? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

She must USE the visa before her 21st birthday. She must also APPLY for AOS before her 21st birthday.

The USCIS has added an ADDITIONAL requirement that she adjust status (AOS/green card) before her 21st birthday, but this can be overcome in court - save yourself the cost, and see if you can't get it all done by her 21st birthday.

She must USE the visa before her 21st birthday. She must also APPLY for AOS before her 21st birthday.

The USCIS has added an ADDITIONAL requirement that she adjust status (AOS/green card) before her 21st birthday, but this can be overcome in court - save yourself the cost, and see if you can't get it all done by her 21st birthday.

Ditto!

Best to work this out so that daughter has green-card IN-HAND before age 21.

Please permit me to ask!!??...Are you Dating One or Two Women/Persons.In China and I know many place else a person 18 or above is regarded an ADULT!(Right to vote and so on)Why the worries to bring 2??...When ONE can be more than enough!

:lol:

This one has a fiancee in China that has an over 18 daughter, wants to bring both to the USA. For spousal immigrations there are 2 visa types, (Fiancee or Spouse)

The problem is:

If married first and apply for a spouse visa, there is no way to bring step daughter to the USA too, if she is over age 18, a US citizen cannot file a petition for a step child over age 18 at time of marriage.

HOWEVER, A Fiancee CAN bring a child under age 21 with them to the USA if they come on a K-1 Fiancee visa, then after marriage the Child is allowed to adjust status based on their visa type, as long as this is done BEFORE child turns 21.

Kind of silly the differences between the two paths.

Discussed in prior threads:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42375

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42305