Request for Assistance from BMs

To CFL Members at large,

I know that this is a board designed for Chinese/American Immigration issues. However, it is absolutely stuffed with USCIS processes, application tips,interview advice, and generally very good advice for any immigrant. This being said, I have a particular problem, and it is in regard to a co-worker. I believe the processes will be approximately the same, with one or two variations thrown in. I will try to be brief:

1) He is from the Philippines and is a former US Navy sailor, honorably discharged, and is currently employed in San Diego. He makes approximately 42K a year, so when we talked; poverty guidelines immediately kicked in, and who else has he sponsored. He has co-sponsored via I-864 a bother and two sons. Therefore, he is on the proverbial " " hook", and when he sponsors his wife, the determining family size will be four people, using 2009 Federal poverty guidelines. He should be alright according to my calculations.

2) He be will be marrying a Filipina fiancee. He assumed that the K3 guidelines were still in place, which all of us know this was the age of dinosaurs, and is now K1 or IR1/CR1. Therefore, he will be using this process for the CR1 visa. I did advise him that it takes longer, but will save them money in the long run (AOS and all that crap).

QUESTIONS:

1. Even though he co-sponsored his brother/2 sons, and the brother is now working (not a great job, but working); is he able to transfer co-sponsorship back to the birth father? I personally suspect not, until the father is a naturalized US citizen, done the required years of work for Social Security, etc, etc. If my thinking is wrong, please say so. I know that he will have to list on his application that he co-sponsored and is now adding one more person to this total. I did advise him of this fact. Therefore, USCIS will be going over his applications for his wife with a fine-toothed comb, and his/their finances better be air-damned-tight!

2. Due to the amount of fraudulent marriages originating from the Philippines; I suspect his evolution of relationship better be documented damned well, and again better be air-damned-tight! Does anyone have advice in this area? Horror stories will also be accepted willingly.

3) Personally, and IMHO, the two of them regards to the immigration issues(s), are going to have a damned long hard time getting this accomplished, unless it is front-loaded to the maximum degree. The last thing they need is a proverbial "Black Pearl" thrown into the mix. I have advised him that he needs to begin showing the evolution of their love/relationship/marriage, and I mean right now and not at the last minute. Yep! He is sing a telephone card, not one scrap of information/photo saved yet! I can imagine USCIS VO at their interview.... " April Fool! Dumbass!"

The only positive thing I have seen is that it is a Philippine couple/marriage, and not an intercultural marriage.

I also suspect, that he will have to "front-load" the crap out of his application for their USCIS interview.

Again; I know that this is the Philippines immigration issue, and not a Chinese Immigration issue. Therefore, I do apologize to board members. Hopefully someone might be able to give some particular insight. I have knowledge of the PI from way back when. USCIS has evolved far beyond what I personally know and/or advise intelligently on. BTW, he tried Visa Journey, and didn't really feel comfortable. I might advise him to become a CFL member, and BTW he is more sane than I. laugh.gif

My thanks to all in advance.

Dave

Yep the K-3 is essentially a dead visa because of USCIS tying (I-130 and I-129F) together approving and sending both to NVC at same time where NVC closes the I-129F and proceeds on with the I-130 (CR-1)

1. Nope, no transferring of sponsorship. Though that income level should be sufficient to sponsor wife or fiancee when counting the others.

2. Actually I have seen many success stories over on VJ for Manila, just make sure petition has good front loading.

3. See #2

Manila has a very helpful website. Looks to have been changed along the same lines as Guangzhou: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

VJ's specific forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Philippines

More than welcome to join CFL and get advise.

Yep the K-3 is essentially a dead visa because of USCIS tying (I-130 and I-129F) together approving and sending both to NVC at same time where NVC closes the I-129F and proceeds on with the I-130 (CR-1)

1. Nope, no transferring of sponsorship. Though that income level should be sufficient to sponsor wife or fiancee when counting the others.

2. Actually I have seen many success stories over on VJ for Manila, just make sure petition has good front loading.

3. See #2

Manila has a very helpful website. Looks to have been changed along the same lines as Guangzhou: http://manila.usemba...v/wwwh3023.html

VJ's specific forum:

http://www.visajourn...29-philippines/

http://www.visajourn...try=Philippines

More than welcome to join CFL and get advise.

Dan,

You the MAN! My most sincere thanks to you. I haven't see you screw up once regards to immigration advice.

Regard to Question 1; I suspected, but couldn't say for sure myself. I have never heard of it before, but regard to myself; this a frog's view from the bottom of a well. I'm NOT all-knowing. That is why I wanted to ask others.

Regards to Question 2 and 3: I suspect that he will have to front load the crap out of it. From a personal perspective when we talked today: I was absolutely shocked that he hasn't even started gathering/archiving any information, which all of us in CFL routinely are knowledgeable about. It seems like he simply thought that the immigration process would be so easy (after all he is in the US! Right? :rotfl:) , he didn't have to do a damned thing except, put an application in the mail! Dumbass! :roller: From a country (Philippines) absolutely rife with sham marriages, going to the US, and slipping by USCIS, in these economic times? Is he kidding me? That is why I stated; the most positive thing that I can see with their immigration application; is that he is Filipino (male term) , and she is a Filipina (female term), and not an intercultural marriage. Otherwise, they would really be screwed!

To add to your thoughts/advice; I was shocked to see that the man hadn't even started to document his relationship, and then was going to drop on USCIS an application, and the application would just sail through! I mean NO telephone logs (uses a prepaid telephone card), photo's of them both with something to show dates, commonly presented cards between a couple (e.g birthday, Xmas, miss-you cards, etc, etc. I mean nothing has been retained and/or archived for future interviews, which all of CFL members know will be coming! Crap! Any member of CFL failed to do this; a Chinese woman/man fiancee would jack their future better-half's ass up into unbelievable heights! Chinese women/men whom have never been to the US, know these facts and what they need.

I'm putting together hyper-links for him, and I will include your links from VisaJourney. I also will encourage him to join this forum. At very least; he can get some insight of the future/ interviews/processes. Obviously, he doesn't have a clue yet! BTW the name is Louie Felipe. He is is really a nice guy, but a bit naive.

My thanks again for the quick response. Louie is coming by this Sunday, and we are going to have a damned long conversation. And people wonder why USCIS is so cold-heart, and the get blue/white slips! Myself, I believe in the 6 P's: Prior Planning Prevents, Piss Poor Performance.

Well! Into the barrel again! Why do I get the dolts at my doorstep?

Dave