I-130/I-129F PETITION TRANSFER TO VSC

Hey all! It has been awhile since I have posted here. I hope everyone is doing well.

As you can see from our timeline, I recently received a notice from USCIS informing me that our petitions were transfered from CSC to VSC. My question is....why?

Our K-1 petitions went to CSC, our I-130 and I-129F went to CSC, all of my evidence documents went through CSC. Then, all of the sudden they decide to transfer everything to the VSC. I asked my attorney about it, and he has no clue why they did it. The notice they sent me said that they transfered it because the VSC has jurisdiction over petitions in Indiana. Which, according to the USCIS website and form instructions, Indiana petitions go to CSC.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that CSC already denied our K-1 petition, and the USCIS wants to give the responsibility of making a decision to the VSC.

I am hoping that it will end up being a good thing that our petition is at the VSC. Any thoughts as to why the transfer? Anyone else have their petitions transfered between service centers?

Our K-1 petitions went to CSC, our I-130 and I-129F went to CSC, all of my evidence documents went through CSC. Then, all of the sudden they decide to transfer everything to the VSC. I asked my attorney about it, and he has no clue why they did it. The notice they sent me said that they transfered it because the VSC has jurisdiction over petitions in Indiana. Which, according to the USCIS website and form instructions, Indiana petitions go to CSC.

Perhaps it is a shift in jurisdictions. All I-129F petitions now go to Texas first for intake, then they are routed to either CA or VT based on which center has jurisdiction over a particular state where the petitioner resides.

I think I have the answer to this one.

If memory serves me, Reddragon75's K-1 got denied by USCIS before it ever was sent to the Consulate, having to do with a violence against women conviction on his record from a prior marriage.

Here is what VSC's page on USCIS states,

The Vermont Service Center is the the only jurisdiction for all Violence Against Women Cases
https://egov.uscis.g...or.statecode=VT

In a nutshell CSC adjudicator may have seen this on record, and the sent it to VSC where they specialize in cases like this.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

The Violence Against Women Act

As a battered spouse, child or parent, you may file an immigrant visa petition under the Violence against Women Act (VAWA). VAWA allows certain spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) to file a petition for themselves without the abusers’ knowledge. This will allow you to seek both safety and independence from the abuser. The provisions of VAWA apply equally to women and men. Your abuser will not be notified that you have filed for immigration benefits under VAWA.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b85c3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=b85c3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

If memory serves me, Reddragon75's K-1 got denied by USCIS before it ever was sent to the Consulate, having to do with a violence against women conviction on his record from a prior marriage.

The Vermont Service Center is the the only jurisdiction for all Violence Against Women Cases

In a nutshell CSC adjudicator may have seen this on record, and the sent it to VSC where they specialize in cases like this.

Actually, my offense was not against a woman.

That's better to hear. Though the transfer to VSC may still have to do with your past problems. Or it may simply be for load balancing, or perhaps change in jurisdiction, Indiana is closer to Vermont than to California.

The VAWA allows a battered spouse (male or female) to self-petition without notifying the abuser. That would not apply in your case.

It would be hard to impossible to determine why it would be transferred without any word from them as to what's going on.

I still say it's just a shift in the work load. Nothing to worry about.