dear cfl family

Amaro

I must say it was a pleasure being a part of this family. My lady has passed her interview. Got there at 6 for a 7:15 interview. She came out at 10:30. I bought some really expensive beer at a coffee shop just to have a seat. Thanks to everyone that posted anything useful on here. I will post more details later.

Ok so you line up outside, the guy made 3 lines, apparently he did it by interview time. The guy that lines people up is not really working for the consulate, hes like the building security or something, you can tell by the different color outfit they have. The building security guards have a light blue shirt while the conslate security guards have a dark blue shirt.

At 7:15, no matter your interview time, a dark blue security guard comes down and starts checking peoples passports and interview appointment letter. So it doesnt really matter what time or where you are in the line really. I have seen some people at the back of the line come out before my lady did. So really, Its anyones guess when she will come out. If you get there earlier though, you will get to go in earlier and your lady wont be standing as long. Also, if you are not in line with your lady, the security guard will try to push you away. Just stand next to her and you are allowed to go all the way up to the 4th floor.

Ok so I walk to starbucks,get a caramel macchiato, frozen, thank you. Before I left for starbucks I talked to another american fella that was there, good guy, not sure what his interview results was because it was noon and they still had not come down. We left by then. Anyways him and myself went up to the 4th floor coffee shop, where you had to buy something if you wanted to sit down. Sure enough the cheapest thing there is like 48 RMB, wtf mate. Anyways, I get a Heineken beer, because thats the only thing I can worth justfying $8 on.

So my lady comes down at 10:30ish, there is a ton of people at the exit trying to get people to do a visa service or something crazy I dont know, but those people blindsight your lady and it is confusing to figure out where she is and where you are.

Ok so I ask what questions the guy asked.

1)How did you meet him

2)How many times did he come to china

3Why were you on skype, she answered she met me on skype. So a couple questions branched off the How did you meet him with skype questions. He was trying to figure out what were her intentions on skype. Like trying to find a foreigner or something? She told him that a lot of people get on skype to practice english.

4)He really took a huge interest in my passport, she said he was looking at my passport for 5 mins.

5)She showed him a picture book of our photos.

Once you get the approval letter, you go back in the same line she was standing in to go up stairs to the 5th for her interview and show the guy your passport to let you in. Once your up there, you will see a dark blue shirt security guard and show him the approval letter, he will let you in to fill the EMS form and china post stuff and your all done.

That was about it really. I think some advice I can give to my fellow CFLers is to definitely give your passport to your lady so she can hand it over to the VO right away. I cant express how much this is money in scoring points with the VO, definitely go to China for the interview if you really can sacrifice a little bit to do so. I also told her not to give the VO anything else unless he asks for it. Sure enough she doesnt listen to me, because the people on 001 are always right. She tried to offer him skype records and email records and the VO said "If I didnt ask for it, then dont offer me it."

One more thing, I had a Co-sponsor just for safe measure and I had all types of stuff in there, the only thing they took was my affadavit of support and 3 years transcripts and his affadavit of support and 3 years transcripts. Include all the stuff you think is necessary, the document checker will see all that stuff and probably make some notes on your case file or something. She said the document checker had the folder for 40 mins.

Well bust my suspenders....I take off for a bit and the dadgum MARINE'S lady gets here visa. :lol:

Great news!!! I'm really happy to read of your success. :)

tsap seui

My luck stopped right after she got approved for the visa. While this is a minute downfall compared to some people here, we werent able to get the visa package back in a timely manner. Interview was on the 27th and we went there on the 30th and today the 1st with no luck on the package being there. There were some people who had a interview on the 29th that had their package ready. Lots of people the 27th as well. Did we just have lazy people processing our paperwork? My biggest concern since it has been 4 working days since her interview day is that they might have denied it or blue slip it while they were preparing the package?

It is now Chinese national day here and the entire next week the consulate will be closed. So Guz got to me to, just a little bit.

My luck stopped right after she got approved for the visa. While this is a minute downfall compared to some people here, we werent able to get the visa package back in a timely manner. Interview was on the 27th and we went there on the 30th and today the 1st with no luck on the package being there. There were some people who had a interview on the 29th that had their package ready. Lots of people the 27th as well. Did we just have lazy people processing our paperwork? My biggest concern since it has been 4 working days since her interview day is that they might have denied it or blue slip it while they were preparing the package?

It is now Chinese national day here and the entire next week the consulate will be closed. So Guz got to me to, just a little bit.

Dude, take some advice from an older (not old though...hehe) guy on this, don't let them or anything get into your head right now, the delay is just one of those things, definitely somebody, somewhere waiting longer than you are. Enjoy your time together, check that, savor your time together waiting for the package to come. It will come but no matter, you are together now with the one you love in China. Experience it to the max. Before you know it you will be headed home, to your new life together and these few days will be precious memories. Don't let anything take even one second away from your focus on this time together in this moment.

I wish we could come back together, that was one of my reasons for making this trip to begin with. I am leaving China on Oct 3rd. I already skipped out on a week and a half of classes. I am going to be drained from all the studying I will be doing to catch up. I got her flight date moved to the 22nd, hoping she gets the package by then.

Congratulations, classmate lol!!! I haven't been on lately (school has been kicking my @$$!) so please accept my belated congratulations! I am sure you two will be very happy together. Best wishes for the future and the new life that is about to unfold. Now go study!!