Visa for Flights out of HK required

Hello All,

My Lady should have her interview sometime towards the end of Oct. Assuming all goes well and a K1 is issued, will she need a visa from China to enter HK for the flight to the US, or will the US page inserted into her Chinese passport suffice allowing her entrance into HK? We have heard conflicting advice.

She is trying to avoid the 800 mile train ride home for the Visa if it is not necessary.

What has been your experience?

Many Thanks,

John

Hello All,

My Lady should have her interview sometime towards the end of Oct. Assuming all goes well and a K1 is issued, will she need a visa from China to enter HK for the flight to the US, or will the US page inserted into her Chinese passport suffice allowing her entrance into HK? We have heard conflicting advice.

She is trying to avoid the 800 mile train ride home for the Visa if it is not necessary.

What has been your experience?

Many Thanks,

John

No, the K-1 will allow entry to HK for up to 7 days, will need to show airline ticket or e-ticket for trip to the USA within 7 days, to enter HK. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

OK Got it. Many Thanks.

She lives in Shenzhen and can take a mini-van directly to the airport for approximately 130 RMB. The last time I did it this way I think the time was less than 30 minutes directly to the HK International teminal.

GUZ would have been an option IF a visa was needed, I believe her travel time there would be 1.5 hours plus.

Thank you again,

John