NVC out received with Priority date.

Hi,

The NVC received my P3 documents (CR-1 petition) last month and today I received notice that processing of my documents has been completed and the documents have been sent to Guangzhou. On the bottom of the notice is a Priority date of 27DEC2009. What is the significance of this date? Do you think we will have a chance to get an interview date for late October or in November?

Getting real excited and want to give my laopo a heads up.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

The NVC received my P3 documents (CR-1 petition) last month and today I received notice that processing of my documents has been completed and the documents have been sent to Guangzhou. On the bottom of the notice is a Priority date of 27DEC2009. What is the significance of this date? Do you think we will have a chance to get an interview date for late October or in November?

Getting real excited and want to give my laopo a heads up.

Thanks,

Mike

Priority date is the date your petition was filed. It is used to determine your "place in line" for those visas which are numerically limited (such as over age 21 child of LPR). When your priority date becomes current per the visa bulletin, a "visa number becomes available".

It has no significance for the spousal visas.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Priority date is the date your petition was filed. It is used to determine your "place in line" for those visas which are numerically limited (such as over age 21 child of LPR). When your priority date becomes current per the visa bulletin, a "visa number becomes available".

It has no significance for the spousal visas.

Phew! Thanks Randy

• 2 weeks later...

My petition has been sent to Guangzhou but I just read in the Guangzhou Consulate FAQs that "Please note that due to a bilateral treaty with China, all immigrant visa petitions remain in Chinese customs for at least three months before being passed on to the Consulate." Is this still the case?

My petition has been sent to Guangzhou but I just read in the Guangzhou Consulate FAQs that "Please note that due to a bilateral treaty with China, all immigrant visa petitions remain in Chinese customs for at least three months before being passed on to the Consulate." Is this still the case?

Did you OPTIN for the electronic process and emailed docs to NVC, or did you do everything by Snail Mail? If Snail Mail, then it may be taking the slow boat to China.

More about electronic processing can be found here: http://candleforlove...showtopic=37703

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Did you OPTIN for the electronic process and emailed docs to NVC, or did you do everything by Snail Mail? If Snail Mail, then it may be taking the slow boat to China.

More about electronic processing can be found here: http://candleforlove...showtopic=37703

I am using Allan S. Lolly & AssociatesAPC, Immigration Attorneys but I don't know if they submitted electronically or not. I will have to ask them. If they sent the packages to NVC by snail mail does that mean the documents will be subject to the 3 month customs hold in China?

I am using Allan S. Lolly & AssociatesAPC, Immigration Attorneys but I don't know if they submitted electronically or not. I will have to ask them. If they sent the packages to NVC by snail mail does that mean the documents will be subject to the 3 month customs hold in China?

I wouldn't be surprised if lawyer is unaware of the electronic processing program with Guangzhou. Electronic processing is only an option with Canada and China cases.

More than likely on the slow boat (3 Month delay).

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

What does your case number begin with GZU or GZO? If it's GZO, then it's electronic processing (OPTIN). If it's GZU, then it's snail mail.

Regardless of what the case may be, here's hoping the interview date comes sooner rather than later. ;)

Actually my case number begins with GUZ.

What does your case number begin with GZU or GZO? If it's GZO, then it's electronic processing (OPTIN). If it's GZU, then it's snail mail.

Regardless of what the case may be, here's hoping the interview date comes sooner rather than later. ;)

Then Snail Mail "Slow Boat to China"

You may want to make your lawyer aware of the electronic processing option set up for Guangzhou, it was put into place to get around the customs delay. This way they wont make this mistake with others.

Perhaps point them to the DOS pages explaining this:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/nvc_pilot_program_of_electronically_processing_visa_petitions.html

Then Snail Mail "Slow Boat to China"

You may want to make your lawyer aware of the electronic processing option set up for Guangzhou, it was put into place to get around the customs delay. This way they wont make this mistake with others.

Perhaps point them to the DOS pages explaining this:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/nvc_pilot_program_of_electronically_processing_visa_petitions.html

Thanks, I thinks that's a good idea. I will have to advise them to get up to date with the process. I guess I will plan a trip to see my wife in the interim. I was holding off this trip figuring I we would get an interview date in the near future. Bummer on the "slow boat".

Honestly I wouldnt worry about it. My package was sent electronically and snail mail, but they werent going to send a P3 until they recieved the package which took about 2 weeks or something around that timeframe. Its pretty fast to china. You can call NVC and ask them when they mailed our your package. There is another thread here where it tells you how to guess your package on DHL's website. They use a special code which is the destination of Guz. You put that code in along with correspondence and select dates 1 week before the date they gave you and 1 week after the date they gave you. You can get a pretty good idea on where it is that way. Dont worry, its not going to take 3 months, you might be surprised sooner then you think.

Honestly I wouldnt worry about it. My package was sent electronically and snail mail, but they werent going to send a P3 until they recieved the package which took about 2 weeks or something around that timeframe. Its pretty fast to china. You can call NVC and ask them when they mailed our your package. There is another thread here where it tells you how to guess your package on DHL's website. They use a special code which is the destination of Guz. You put that code in along with correspondence and select dates 1 week before the date they gave you and 1 week after the date they gave you. You can get a pretty good idea on where it is that way. Dont worry, its not going to take 3 months, you might be surprised sooner then you think.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am having a difficult time finding that thread you mentioned about guessing the DHL delivery time. Do you remember where that thread resides?