Still waiting visa for my son ... 6 months after blue.

smalltoe

We just got another email reply from GZ saying "case is still in administrative process. it may take months. we'll inform beneficiary if..." This whole process is just frustrating. But we are hopeful to get my son here by the year end. My question is "Do I need my ex to sign a paper giving up custody to my son?" I heard stories that minors can be detained at the airport if the biological parent in China won't allow child to leave China. I'm not sure if I can find my ex.I have full custody to my son showing on the divorce agreement.Will there be no such problem at the airport with bringing son to the States if his visa got approved? Though I don't think it will be a problem, I want to be safe and make sure there won't be any "story" again. Thanks guys!

Thank you David. I'll do that.

Is he allowed to either fly along or follow a best friend of mine to Chicago? Either way I will be getting him at the O'hare airport. I am concerned if we can not make the time out of busy job to pick him up. This is not our first choice, but I want to know what options do we have. Is the first time landing required to be with a parent?

Thank you David. I'll do that.

Is he allowed to either fly along or follow a best friend of mine to Chicago? Either way I will be getting him at the O'hare airport. I am concerned if we can not make the time out of busy job to pick him up. This is not our first choice, but I want to know what options do we have. Is the first time landing required to be with a parent?

No, no parent is required.

There are plenty of Chinese people on the plane who can help him, if your friend isn't there. All he will have to do is hand his papers to the customs official at the Chicago airport. They may try to ask questions, but he is not required to understand if they don't have a Chinese interpreter handy. They deal with people from many different countries and many different languages.

Thank you guys. I'll call airlines directly before buying ticket.

Yesterday a lady from GZ Counsulate called me and my husband asking basic questions to verify if a bona fide marriage exists between us. And my husband happened to be in BJ. So she called me first, then my husband, and then my parents who my son lives with. We take this a good sign that our case is moving now.