Beijing DCF advice

I'm an American who been living with my wife in China since the Spring of 2008. I can DCF in Beijing, but I have some issues I need to resolve and really need some advice from members who filed in Beijing in the past.

I'm 28 years old and came to China as a student. I now work full time as a teacher, and have been living with my wife since August 2008 and we have been married for over one year.

I want to file the I-130 at the Beijing embassy, but have some anxiety about supplying evidence of a legitimate relationship.

I'm a young guy just starting out in life, and I don't have things like health insurance or life insurance. I can't find a bank in China that will give me and my wife a joint bank account so I don't know how to prove we share finical assets.

I have apartment contracts with both our names singed, but they are in Chinese.

Is there anyone who filed in Beijing before?

Most of the post seemed to be from older guys with professional jobs who could add their wife to their insurance or had western style apartments.

I don't know how to give the embassy what they want except notarized letters from my family (since we can't find a way to notarized letters from my wife's family and friends in China since we don't know were we go to do that) and photos from the last couple of years.

I need some help on how to get this started without getting a RFE from the Beijing embassy a few months later in the mail.

I'm an American who been living with my wife in China since the Spring of 2008. I can DCF in Beijing, but I have some issues I need to resolve and really need some advice from members who filed in Beijing in the past.

I'm 28 years old and came to China as a student. I now work full time as a teacher, and have been living with my wife since August 2008 and we have been married for over one year.

I want to file the I-130 at the Beijing embassy, but have some anxiety about supplying evidence of a legitimate relationship.

I'm a young guy just starting out in life, and I don't have things like health insurance or life insurance. I can't find a bank in China that will give me and my wife a joint bank account so I don't know how to prove we share finical assets.

I have apartment contracts with both our names singed, but they are in Chinese.

Is there anyone who filed in Beijing before?

Most of the post seemed to be from older guys with professional jobs who could add their wife to their insurance or had western style apartments.

I don't know how to give the embassy what they want except notarized letters from my family (since we can't find a way to notarized letters from my wife's family and friends in China since we don't know were we go to do that) and photos from the last couple of years.

I need some help on how to get this started without getting a RFE from the Beijing embassy a few months later in the mail.

In case you don't get any responses tonight -

You don't need to think about what you don't have - think about what you DO have. or can get. You have a marriage certificate, you have an apartment contract to show you have lived together Have this translated into English, and the translation notarized (if you have a translated copy of her birth certificate, then you KNOW how to do this). Pictures, of course.

Again, concentrate on what you CAN do, NOT on what you CAN'T, or what other people have done. It shouldn't be a problem, since you are married and have lived together for 2 years

The advice would be the same as for submitting a DCF to Guangzhou. Like Dan said, Kyle has his list ready and I'm sure will post shortly.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39043&view=findpost&p=520652

The link above lists everything we submitted with our I-130 petition in Beijing. You might want to browse through that thread.

The link below lists everything we took to Guangzhou during her interview. The entire thread is a summary of our experience in Guangzhou.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39544&view=findpost&p=536147

If possible, I would try to frontload your I-130 petition with as much useful infomration as possible. You might want to do some searching on this site for "EOR Letter" and include that when turning in your I-130 petition.

To be honest, submitting the I-130 in Beijing was a piece of cake. They did take copies of everything we submitted but required first to see the originals, this included our notarized documents, passports, etc.

Let me know if I can help further.

EDIT:

I'm adding a link to a similar thread the OP started

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42802&st=0&gopid=567264entry567264

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)