EAD Renewal

I have not come back to CFL for months and I am sorry about that. My SO and I have been very upset and worry.

To make the long story short...

My SO came into US on a K-3 and we filed AOS a year later when we met our 2 yrs marriage hoping to get the 10 yrs green card. We went to interview in NY in Feb 2010 and was told that USCIS believe that our case is a little fishy and told us to go home and wait for a letter from USCIS.

Since then, we heard nothing. Everytime I called the 1-800s, they said the case is with the service center pending on more review, and we got the same answer from INFO Pass as well.

My SO's EAD will be expiring in a few weeks, I was wondering if anyone ever gone through the renewal? I read the instructions online, but I am not very clear. Since the case is still pending, my SO s/be able to review his EAD, correct? Also, we need to pay another $340 for it and CANNOT e-file it, correct? Anyone know how long it might take???

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I have not come back to CFL for months and I am sorry about that. My SO and I have been very upset and worry.

To make the long story short...

My SO came into US on a K-3 and we filed AOS a year later when we met our 2 yrs marriage hoping to get the 10 yrs green card. We went to interview in NY in Feb 2010 and was told that USCIS believe that our case is a little fishy and told us to go home and wait for a letter from USCIS.

Since then, we heard nothing. Everytime I called the 1-800s, they said the case is with the service center pending on more review, and we got the same answer from INFO Pass as well.

My SO's EAD will be expiring in a few weeks, I was wondering if anyone ever gone through the renewal? I read the instructions online, but I am not very clear. Since the case is still pending, my SO s/be able to review his EAD, correct? Also, we need to pay another $340 for it and CANNOT e-file it, correct? Anyone know how long it might take???

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

EAD renewal should be free (as long as your original AOS application came AFTER the fee increase), as was your original EAD application, right?).

You should have gotten a mailer with the original EAD card. It may expedite your renewal if you include a copy of this. We renewed twice, and even let it expire for a couple of months without any problems.

Read the directions - you should be able to fle online, and mail any necessary paperwork separately, although it may be expedient to just mail the application with the paperwork. I think you need to include a copy of the I-797C receipt for the AOS application.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Renewal should be free. File I-765 along with copy of I-485 receipt notice and copy of expiring EAD card. Question 16 is (c )(9 ).A fee is only paid if you filed the I-485 before July 30 2007.

Thank you for the replies above. I will get the paperworks together this weekend.

---------------

Another questions:

I haven't come onto CFL for a few months, this website looks a little different. I am wondering why my timeline disappeared? I think I had them as my signature before? Anyway to retrieve it?

Thank you for the replies above. I will get the paperworks together this weekend.

---------------

Another questions:

I haven't come onto CFL for a few months, this website looks a little different. I am wondering why my timeline disappeared? I think I had them as my signature before? Anyway to retrieve it?

The site has been moved to a new host, and the forum software has been brought up to the latest version, thanks to the Don.

Anyway your signature should have moved when the site was upgraded, I don't think Don can retrieve it if it somehow got lost.

Anyone know if USCIS can re-print a I-485's P-1? I only have a scan copy saved on my computer, but I cannot fine the acutal one. I am needed it for my EAD renewal. I know I only need to send it a copy for proof of application, but shouldn't I be better to have the original one?

Thanks.

The original is frameable, but otherwise not needed.

Copy is fine, no need for the original notice of action, it will never be asked for.

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)