Questions on AOS

I have a few questions about AOS.

1. We have had our reciepts now for AOS EAD and AP for over a week. When I try to look them up online or call USCIS they say that the reciept number can not be found??? Is this normal??

2. For those who have filed AOS recently, how long for Green card, EAD or AP. I know what the website says about time but just looking for real world times.

It took us 27 months to get my ex's green card back in 2003

3. The big question.....I am sending my wife to China for 2 months in Jan for Chinese new year. She should have AP by then and hopefully green card. I am worried though that they will require and interview and that it will be while she is in CHina :unsure: ....any thoughts on what to do. I want to have a plan of action in place. It is very important for her to be in China as her daughter will be out of school and she can spend good time with her.

Thanks.

Robert

1. YES normal, use the number that will be on the AOS Biometrics letter.

2. EAD/AP can take up to 90 days to get, as for green-card 4 months is a common time frame, I have seen Green-card beat EAD and AP.

3. It happened to another member a while back, he had to do an info-pass appointment and get interview re-scheduled.

Note in most cases K-1 AOS results in approval without interview, watch for a transfer to CSC letter, this usually is an indicator of this.

How long after reciept notice is it usually until you get the Biometric appointment?

Really depends on how busy your ASC office is, perhaps a week or two after receiving a receipt notice will the ASC send out the BIO letter.

Got the BIO appointment letter on Saturday. Biometrics will be 9-24-2010. I tried again today to check the status with the receipt number and it still shows that "Case number can not be found". I called USCIA and typed in the number on there automatted system........same thing....Case Number not found???????? Any suggestions or should i worry about it?

Robert

Got the BIO appointment letter on Saturday. Biometrics will be 9-24-2010. I tried again today to check the status with the receipt number and it still shows that "Case number can not be found". I called USCIA and typed in the number on there automatted system........same thing....Case Number not found???????? Any suggestions or should i worry about it?

Robert

Nothing really to worry about, the system can be that way often. Is number on Bio same as on I-485 receipt?
  • 2 weeks later...

Go to VisaJourney.com. They will show you data on processing times at the various offices for AP, Green Card, and EAD

Better yet use the CFL timeline page on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/index.php?cfl=1 And while you are at it start a timeline.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27430