Passport name different?

Hello,

I am needing some help on a situation that I THINK will cause us a problem.

My fiancee and I are are working on the forms for the I-129f. I will be visiting her in 2 weeks for my 3rd visit to her.

As we were gathering the paperwork for everything needed she has discovered that her passport name is different than all other legal documents.

her legal name is LV.....her passport says LU.....this was from her email last night to me

"by the way .. i copy my passport today . and found my name on passport is ----- lu qing hong

not---- lv .... it appear ---- lu . i dont know why . mabye i went to apply for passport

the computer shows that .. but ok .. we just following passport's ==== lu

just told u now . when u fill in the form .. dont forget it ... write down ---- lu

I am thinking she needs to get this taken care of immediately. I am wanting to file the paperwork as soon as I get home from my trip. How long or what problems might you see from trying to get her passport name changed to the correct name?

Just need a bit of guidance.

Thanks in advance!!

David

She does not need a passport for you to file the petition she needs it by the time of visa interview and will bring it to the interview. So has several months to get it corrected.

Use name as it is spelled on other legal documents as in birth cert, national ID etc.. with the petition.

http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I agree. Confirm the birth certificate and other docs are in sync (if there is a child, they will have her name put in it; if divorced, her name is on that, etc). Have her bring her ID, Hukou or whatever she needs to get them to change the passport. They might try to say 'it doesn't matter' but she may to press the issue.