contemplaing a change in course

It may or may not come to this. I have not yet sent off the I-129F and I'm thinking it may be necessary to pursue a CR-1 instead. I'm finding the K-1 process to be way more difficult than I anticipated, and I anticipated that it would be very difficult. I know all the procedures required to file a CR-1.

I am asking all recent CR-1 filers what has been your average wait time on all the steps and what have been all the difficulties you have encountered.

Thanks.

CR-1 is not as slow as it use to be take a look at djwalker60's timeline Filed I-130 Feb, interview in June, green-card in hand this week. For a K-1 time from Petition filing to green-card in hand can be well over a year, and the cost is nearly double that of a CR-1

K-1:

I-129F: $455

Consulate: $350

AOS: $1010

($1815)

CR-1

I-130: $355

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

However one reason to try the K-1 is IF for some reason it is denied, like others you can then try marriage and filing for a CR-1, only snag that can cause problems is IF USCIS REVOKES the K-1 petition.

A few notes:

In my case we did K-1 because at the time it was the quickest one, we had no red flags so it breezed through with out any issues.

K-1 petition is no harder to file than CR-1, K-1 Involves filing an I-129F along with evidence of meeting within past 2 years, proof of US citizenship, and some other forms of relationship evidence. K-1 does not have any NVC processing, but later has the added paperwork and expense of adjustment of status.

Good directions for K-1: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1guide

If you are issued a white slip (denial) at interview a K-1 has the advantage of being able to marry and file a CR-1 instead of letting the NOIR follow it's course

I always peep up on these discussions, and I think at least 50% of the people consider which one.

If you have no red flags, and a recent post by David kind of listed those, then I think the CR/1 is actually safer, if you plan ahead.

When your single, trying to prove relationship is a little difficult, about all you can prove is you hang out together, and people see you together. If your married, you can own property together, and build legal obligations that bind you together.

It is much easier to prove a relationship if your married I believe.

Here was Davids list, and whether you want to believe it or not, these are exactly what I think are flags for the VO's too. The birth city is something she can not control, but the VO's work on statistics, and birth city is a biggie.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42144&st=60

Maybe just answer my top 10:

1. Her birth city?

2. Her current city of residence?

3. Age?

4. Previous marriage or children?

5. How you meet? (if website, which one)

6. How long chat before visit china?

7. How long after visit to file for visa?

8. Number of trips to china at the time of the interview?

9. Her english ability?

10. What were the blue slip questions and answers?

Thanks for all of your replies!

Here was Davids list, and whether you want to believe it or not, these are exactly what I think are flags for the VO's too. The birth city is something she can not control, but the VO's work on statistics, and birth city is a biggie.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42144&st=60

Maybe just answer my top 10:

1. Her birth city?

2. Her current city of residence?

3. Age?

4. Previous marriage or children?

5. How you meet? (if website, which one)

6. How long chat before visit china?

7. How long after visit to file for visa?

8. Number of trips to china at the time of the interview?

9. Her english ability?

10. What were the blue slip questions and answers?

Here are my answers to these questions:

1. Her birth city? Yunxian, Hubei Province

2. Her current city of residence? Beijing

3. Age? 29 (I'm 33)

4. Previous marriage or children? No and No

5. How you meet? (if website, which one) Met on Myspace

6. How long chat before visit china? Exchanged messages for 2 years, IM'd for 1 year prior to first in person meeting. We officially became a couple approximately 5.5 months before I made my first trip

7. How long after visit to file for visa? Filing for a CR-1 would occur immediately after the 3rd visit was over. My last visit ended 2 months ago; have not yet filed I-129F

8. Number of trips to china at the time of the interview? If we go ahead with K1, it would be 2 trips; if we go CR-1 route, it would be 3

9. Her english ability? Not fluent, but not bad either. So-so may be an accurate description.

10. What were the blue slip questions and answers? N/A since there has been no Consulate interview as of yet.

I am of the opinion that a CR1 would be better in general IF IF IF it is not on the first trip as a marriage and a quick filing. If you do a CR1 you'll add another trip prior to filing and marry on the 3rd trip. It presents no rush in your relationship and that your taking your time with her and your future.

My feeling is that a K1 gets a white more often due to quick filings and other limitations (ie: language gap). THe issue this to force the person to slow down the relationship. You are doing this by going CR1. That's my suggestion to you. Good luck.

I am of the opinion that a CR1 would be better in general IF IF IF it is not on the first trip as a marriage and a quick filing. If you do a CR1 you'll add another trip prior to filing and marry on the 3rd trip. It presents no rush in your relationship and that your taking your time with her and your future.

My feeling is that a K1 gets a white more often due to quick filings and other limitations (ie: language gap). THe issue this to force the person to slow down the relationship. You are doing this by going CR1. That's my suggestion to you. Good luck.

I married my second visit to China, but over the next year it took to get the visa I had 4 more visits in. Also, we jointly owned property in both China, and in USA.

End result, easy pink.

I also suggest CR/1, and just spend as much time with your wife as possible.

If your financially able, buy property together. A good Chinese husband will own a home for his wife before they live together anyway.