Success in Hong Kong

After nagging the HK consulate almost weekly with emails since our blue slip in May, they agreed to see me while I was in HK to visit the wife. When we got to the consulate they wanted to interview us seperately, which we agreed to. Three consulate investigators spoke to me for about 45 minutes and asked me just about every question under the sun. Then they spoke with qizi for about 15 minutes. At the end I asked if we would have a decision soon, the lead investigator told me that they (the investigators) don't issue the visa but that they were going to write a favorable report recommending the visa be issued and he added congratulations. He said we should hear in about a week from the consulate to bring the passports in for the visa's. We were on cloud 9 when we walked out of there. Hopefully it happens as quickly as he said it would. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath. :D

After nagging the HK consulate almost weekly with emails since our blue slip in May, they agreed to see me while I was in HK to visit the wife. When we got to the consulate they wanted to interview us seperately, which we agreed to. Three consulate investigators spoke to me for about 45 minutes and asked me just about every question under the sun. Then they spoke with qizi for about 15 minutes. At the end I asked if we would have a decision soon, the lead investigator told me that they (the investigators) don't issue the visa but that they were going to write a favorable report recommending the visa be issued and he added congratulations. He said we should hear in about a week from the consulate to bring the passports in for the visa's. We were on cloud 9 when we walked out of there. Hopefully it happens as quickly as he said it would. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath. :D

Big Congrat ! You took care of the problem before it got too far down the line which would have taken more time and done more suffering. I'm glad they are willing to interview you and your wife . This is what it should be. Any of this interview should be for both the wife and the husband . It's easier to tell if the marriage is real or not . Unfortunately, China has got too many people , they don't have time to do this . So, quick screening is usually done on the documentation presented and then ask questions to the beneficiary and then make the decision.