K1 vs. CR-1 Question

My fiancee and I are now moving ahead with our 2nd K1 visa attempt. To give a little background our 1st attempt was begun in February 2008 and resulted initially in a blue slip and in September 2009 a white. It took many months of discussion in deciding to attempt another K1 or to get married and go the K3 route. Ultimately I decided to attempt another K1 which started in March 2010. Her interview is now scheduled in the not to distant future.

My question is how to answer this question at the interview, Why haven't you and your finacee gotten married?

More background. The attorney I hired the first time around, big mistake and total waste of time and money, advised us to go the K1 route as he said it was much quicker. That would be an answer for the first attempt. Some would ask,"But why not change midstream and go for the K3 and CR1 the 2nd time?" My responce would be from what I have read on this site and my personal experience the first time around,that basically everyone gets mistreated no matter the visa type.Any organization that can get away with non bonafide relationship as a detailed explanation of the denial reason which to me shows a total disdain for the applicants makes me wonder if any amount of proof of a relationship or type of visa applied for is relevant to them.

My worry was if we got married and they said no again whats left. Live a persons life trying over and over again beyond reason and expense with your lives on hold or lord forbid a divorce if you're never allowed to be together. Not such a simple question and answer I think. What do you all think?

Fishin for a visa to be with the one I love!

WHAT IS THE REASON FOR DENIAL ???

I would not hang them too hard, keep in mind Guangzhou is an imigrations consulate that handles cases from an area of about 1/4 the worlds population, overworked and understaffed, they have a very short period of time to do any research. They have to look at the cases and decide if it is legitimate or just another case of "buying a green-card".

They don't know you personally and have just what they have in the case file to go with.

Visa fraud is quite common out of China, and unfortunately the visa officer saw something that made them think this and tend to prefer to err on the side of denial.

I didn't say they couldn't get in!! If they are that concerned with knowing me personally why wouldn't they let me talk with them about my case? I realize they are busy but we are paying customers. There can't be 50% fraud going through that Embassy, no way. I appreciate what they do, but something is wrong here.

They didn't need to be rude to my wife. I don't care who they are. I don't care if they read this.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

my last five years being around chinese, the almost black market approach taken to so much in the US, the attitudes of those seeking a way out of china and the various people I know who 'work' on visas for chinese... I think the fraud is higher than anyone can put a finger on. I'll leave that as my opinion.

I think a second attempt with a K1 is really asking for trouble.. just my opinion again. The consulate will be hard on people the first time around but my observation is that a second time as K1 they can be harder; as a second time as CR1 they are not so much.

That is the main reason I am going a second time as CR1... And I waited on four trips to marry for this second time for both the sake of the relationship and the consulate having any issue to use against me. "Time" should not be a factor in your visa process... okay, my opinion again. It's not a factor in mine. You can't rush life but you can ruin a relationship or visa process with it.

I've said it too many times; I wish the US would grow a pair and get rid of the K1 like Canada did... I think it's a waste of consulate time to do a K1 considering what they may be facing.