Hello, first of all, I want to thank everybody for this forum. My Story.

I met my gal via Match.com November 2009. I traveled to china to meet her in April. I took many pictures and kept all receipts. We had a wonderful time together and really hit it off. Our relationship has grown and have decided that we would like to marry. We are going to start the Fiancee Visa process but from what I am reading, we are just about gauranteed a denial on the first try. What advice can you all give me? Should I travel to China again to marry Li Li? Should I wait longer to file my fiancee Visa to show that our relationship has a longer history? I already have a 12 inch pile of email records and a 10 inch pile of chats but I don't know how much history documents is enough. Any advice is really appreciated.

Thank you.

I think you should go for it. I met my fiance in october 2009 and went to see her in March and filed the paperwork in april. I sent in call history from october - march, about 15 pictures of me and her with her family and what not. Also just took a screenshot of my email inbox with all the messages from her. I made a copy of all my plane tickets, since we went to different cities. Also, a photocopy of every page of my passport showing I did go to china. Worst case scenario, if you get denied a fiance visa, you can go there and marry her and try for CR1.

Not so, my timeline is much like yours, met online Chatted and corresponded over 9 - 10 months, then met in person.

Filed for K-1, and passed without any issues.

Providing good documentation of relationship upfront in your visa petition helps.

In my case I sent perhaps 2 emails from each month since meeting, and a copy of email log, no need to send a BOOK, just a couple samples and the LOG to show how often you exchange emails. The samples are to show able to communicate, the LOG shows how often.

Search for "Front Loading" in the forums.

While technically another visit is not required, I think that another visit would be a good idea.It would be good for the relationship, and it would strengthen your case for the DOS.

Yep, this is a common recommendation here on CFL.

In my case I visited China 3 times.

1. About 7 months before meeting my wife I traveled there for a tour.
  2. Then to meet my wife.
  3. Then for Spring Festival, which happened to be the week before my wife's K-1 interview.

I think a good history is being shown with a fair passage of time all the way since November, he went to see her four long months ago, and there is no impression of impulsiveness or any nonseriousness. A second visit is good insurance, but Mr. Odds ought to be able to go with what he has got, I mean that is the way it was originally set up to be done. A second trip would be excellent though. A lot would depend on the situation and the personality of the lady.

I think a good history is being shown with a fair passage of time all the way since November, he went to see her four long months ago, and there is no impression of impulsiveness or any nonseriousness. A second visit is good insurance, but Mr. Odds ought to be able to go with what he has got, I mean that is the way it was originally set up to be done. A second trip would be excellent though. A lot would depend on the situation and the personality of the lady.

Thank you all for the advise and the support. It helps that I know many people have done this before me. My adventure with this process is just beginning and you all will here from me now and then. Thank you all again....

Paul