GC -- How Long ?

We'll it took the wonderful USCIS / DHS three weeks to get my wife's entry packet to the USCIS. Finally got the welcome letter and now another month ( or so ) before she gets her GC. Does this sound like a normal time frame?

I did call our wonderful contractors at USCS and 1st, don't miss that part of the process, and 2nd was told yet another 30 days... Arghhh :unsure:

Dan

Is all over the map, some reports 14 days after entry, others 30 days or longer.

As long as you address does not change before receiving the card, USCIS can take up to 90 days to issue and mail card.

Note passport will have an I-551 stamp, so the passport will act as a green-card until the card shows up in mail.

You only got one welcome letter?! We got two! :D

We'll for the fun of it,, yeah real fun :blink: I went to the USCIS website and put in our receipt number to find out about "case status" Got this returned when I did the inquiry:

Post Decision Activity

On August 13, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this OS155A IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

So, what does it really mean? GC mailed? Another Welcome letter to come? or just a nice notice saying all good and soon a GC will come? Anyone else ever see this one?

Dan

The "Green Card" arrived today, 45 days after POE and 3 days after the 2nd welcome letter...and it is green and more thief proof than they were in the past. The "System" is working better, maybe. ZZ

So, I guess soon we should be receiving her GreenCard.

Thanks

Dan :rolleyes:

I will say "Patience Grasshopper!", It will come eventually.

As I said before you already have LPR status, and evidence of this by the I-551 stamp in passport.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received her GC and all is well now. Guess next step is two years from now to remove the conditions for her 10 year GC. Thank you again to all those who reply and to those who read.. Next exciting step is around 6 week from now when we are expecting our first little one... :) I am sure I'll have a lot of sleepless nights to come. :blink:

Thanks

Dan & Yonghua

Finally received her GC and all is well now. Guess next step is two years from now to remove the conditions for her 10 year GC. Thank you again to all those who reply and to those who read.. Next exciting step is around 6 week from now when we are expecting our first little one... :) I am sure I'll have a lot of sleepless nights to come. :blink:

Thanks

Dan & Yonghua

Congratulations and best wishes to you both!