OT: The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Very Interesting! :D :D

Top Stories - AP

Man Says He Gave Wife Toilet Seat As Gift

2 hours, 10 minutes ago Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

LONGMONT, Colo. - Gary and Karri Clark haven't forgotten their second Christmas together. He knew she wanted bathroom accessories, so he wrapped up a couple of gifts and waited.

The toilet seat and towel rack didn't go over too well.

"Here I thought I was doing good," he recalled with a laugh. "It was something she can always use, day after day. It's the gift that keeps on giving."

The Clarks were among those who responded to requests by the Daily Times-Call newspaper to share their stories about bungled gifts and best intentions — the waffle makers, blenders and vacuum cleaners given with love and practicality in mind that will never be forgotten or forgiven.

Karri Clark admits she wanted a new toilet seat a decade ago because there was a crack in the old one. She just didn't think she'd get one gift wrapped.

"I could not believe it," she said. "What man gives you a toilet seat for Christmas?"

Hmmm,

I think there was a recent discussion on the Candle on new Toilet Seats. Cushy, Padded, Oak, etc??????

--------------------------------------------

Oh, that reminds me of a story.

My parents were sharing a friend's vacation house. Apparently everyone knew that the toilet seat in the guest bathroom was broken, except for the owner of the house who rarely used that restroom.

So, my parents decided to get them a new Oak toilet seat (not real expensive now days).

Anyway, a few weeks later the house was robbed..... And the TOILET SEAT in the guest bathroom was stolen.

The owner of the house, of course, was puzzled about why anybody would go through the hassle of stealing a plain toilet seat (not realizing that it had been recently upgraded).

---- CK -----