WARNING: Hazardous driving condtions in NW Montana

griz326

WARNING: Hazardous driving conditions in NW Montana

Step-daughter Yawen passed her driver's test yesterday and now needs only to pay for her insurance to be on the road.

Lao Po passed her written driver's test yesterday and had her first driving lesson last night. Heaven help us all! :happybday:

Edited by griz326 (see edit history)

Teach them what "reasonable and prudent" means?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/MONTANA-PR.svg/500px-MONTANA-PR.svg.png

Oh well that was before 1999, I remember those signs.

Step-daughter Yawen passed her driver's test yesterday and now needs only to pay for her insurance to be on the road.

Lao Po passed her written driver's test yesterday and had her first driving lesson last night. Heaven help us all! :happybday:

Good luck with teaching the wife to drive.

Ying got her license yesterday on the first try, but we damn near broke up over the training.

We had hired a driving school, but I was far from satisfied with the lessons

basically no skills or knowledge instruction (After a couple hundred bucks, she still didn't know what 4-way or emergency flashers were :happybday: )

Again, good luck! :happybday:

Lao Po passed her written driver's test yesterday and had her first driving lesson last night. Heaven help us all! :lol:

Good luck with teaching the wife to drive.

Ying got her license yesterday on the first try, but we damn near broke up over the training.

We had hired a driving school, but I was far from satisfied with the lessons

basically no skills or knowledge instruction (After a couple hundred bucks, she still didn't know what 4-way or emergency flashers were :( )

Again, good luck! ;)

I have to side with Steve on this. Teaching my wife to drive has really tested my patience as it has probably most of us here. I agree that the Chinese driving instructors only teach enough to pass the drivers test and that is all. :D

One thing though as Steve mentioned in his thread, you want her to learn how to drive the safe way and who cares more than you do? So go ahead and put on your mop slap protective gear cause you are gonna need it!! :lol:

BTW Steve, don't know if I should say congratulations on Ying getting her license or my sympathies to you for your forthcoming worries. :lol:

...actually, the speed limit in Montana is just like everywhere else these days...reasonable & prudent is long gone...no wonder the nation is lost.

OH WAIT! ...this is a thread about driving :D

Daughter Yawen is here for another 5 weeks and I intend to get Momma well founded in driving basics before kiddo goes back to school.

I did not realize that Lao Po has a driver's license in China. That's a disaster...she'll drive like a crazy woman for sure.... :lol:

...actually, the speed limit in Montana is just like everywhere else these days...reasonable & prudent is long gone...no wonder the nation is lost.

OH WAIT! ...this is a thread about driving :D

Daughter Yawen is here for another 5 weeks and I intend to get Momma well founded in driving basics before kiddo goes back to school.

I did not realize that Lao Po has a driver's license in China. That's a disaster...she'll drive like a crazy woman for sure.... :lol:

Ying has a Chinese Driver's License too. She paid the tester 100 for it! :P

>>>Ying has a Chinese Driver's License too. She paid the tester 100 for it! :lol:

That's funny! Lao Po has a Chinese Driver's License too! Amazing...I bet the Mrs. only paid 50 yen for her license......

Quite an experience last night...

We drove on the sidewalk for about 10 seconds :exclaim: :blink: :wacko:

>>>Ying has a Chinese Driver's License too. She paid the tester 100 for it! :lol:

That's funny! Lao Po has a Chinese Driver's License too! Amazing...I bet the Mrs. only paid 50 yen for her license......

Quite an experience last night...

We drove on the sidewalk for about 10 seconds :exclaim: :blink: :wacko:

Just to refresh your memory:

;)
  • 1 month later...

Xiaoyuan & I are dog sitting my buddy's 3 small rats ... errrrrrr ... dogs. When we left Panda Cabin tonight, we went to his house to water his greenhouse and feed the turkeys. While we were there, all of the dogs pooped.

Then it was Xiaoyuan's driving lesson to drive home. The dogs were very uneasy. After several harrowing experiences, Knuckles the dog jumped into the front seat and whispered into my ear, "I'm sure glad we pooped at home or this truck would really be full of it!"

TRUE STORY!