49 RMB for the first cup, 5 for the next

Heartiest congratulations and good luck in your future life together!

Thanks, appreciate it!

The visa got here tonight, carried by my sister-in-law from Shanghai. It's the real deal. (And the immigrant visa is pretty. Who knew?)

Now for a question: The Immigrant Data Summary sheet is wrong. It's stapled to the corner of documents that sticks out of the brown packet, and doesn't list a form number or anything. Where it's wrong is that it lists WeiLing's mothers name Zaixin as Xaixin. Not only is it incorrect, but PinYin and Chinese pronunciation doesn't even have a "Xai" sound. Should I bother contacting GUZ about this, or is this such a minor detail that it should be fine? My thinking is that if it's typed wrong there, it could be typed incorrectly in the database, and I don't want this to be a problem if we later invite Mom to come visit... Getting denied a visa because of a typographical error on GUZ's part, I'm sure it wouldn't be the first.

Any ideas? Contact GUZ now, after we're in the states, or never?

Edited by Rob and WeiLing (see edit history)
  • 1 year later...

Hi, haven't heard from you for a long time. Did u find a WAY to solve that PINYIN problem of ur mother in law made by GUZ? Did u contact them?

Heartiest congratulations and good luck in your future life together!

Thanks, appreciate it!

The visa got here tonight, carried by my sister-in-law from Shanghai. It's the real deal. (And the immigrant visa is pretty. Who knew?)

Now for a question: The Immigrant Data Summary sheet is wrong. It's stapled to the corner of documents that sticks out of the brown packet, and doesn't list a form number or anything. Where it's wrong is that it lists WeiLing's mothers name Zaixin as Xaixin. Not only is it incorrect, but PinYin and Chinese pronunciation doesn't even have a "Xai" sound. Should I bother contacting GUZ about this, or is this such a minor detail that it should be fine? My thinking is that if it's typed wrong there, it could be typed incorrectly in the database, and I don't want this to be a problem if we later invite Mom to come visit... Getting denied a visa because of a typographical error on GUZ's part, I'm sure it wouldn't be the first.

Any ideas? Contact GUZ now, after we're in the states, or never?