August Interview Group

Thanks, dnoblett.

So to be clear...I should NOT include the loan I will be receiving when school starts next week? Subtracting the cost of school it will be about $18,000 (living expenses) for the year paid in 2 even installments (one each semester). This is close to the required amount needed. Not that it matters too much because I have a co-sponsor.

But what DOES matter is I need to be some sort of number in that income line on the I-134. I have all the documents to match my story of where I've been and what the plan is now, but I still don't how to sum it up in a single number on a single line. =)

Any suggestions....?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, tomorrow I'm off for Guangzhou and the warm up for the big day on the 24th! Everything seems to be in order. I have enough weight in documents and photos to buy another plane ticket and carry it in the seat next to me!(can't afford it though!). I will file an "after action report" when the smoke clears. We are thinking "PINK" as hard as we can ... nothing but positive waves but proceeding with caution! Our philosophy is: Hope for the best ... but be prepared for the worst. Speaking of prepared ... as some of you old timers already know, I have been going over and over all the documents ... the forms ... the photos... the "I-'s" this and the "DS-'s" that ... pages 1 and pages 2 ... copies ... duplicates ... P-4 documents in English and Chinese ... backups ...blanks ...extras and such ...until my eyes are crossed and about ready to fall out of their sockets. Talk about an "Excedrin" headache!

We've practice the interview until we are blue in the face. We feel as ready as we can possibly be but there is always that nagging thought that maybe you forgot something and that's the something the VO will ask for! We'll be staying at the Yang's and he has told my lady that he will go over everything when we arrive to make sure that all is in order. Its like training for the 100 meter race in the Olympics ... you train your whole life for the event and its all over in 10 seconds! Its the same with this ... after all of the work and preparation ...our whole life revolves around a 5 minute interview. Hope the visa official has a good night the night before. We are locked and loaded for action! Thanks to all of you that made it possible for us to get this far. We would have never got to this point without your selflessness and generous help. I shall remain eternally grateful to you all!! Wish us luck ... we will need all we can get! A rosary will help too!

Thanks, dnoblett.

So to be clear...I should NOT include the loan I will be receiving when school starts next week? Subtracting the cost of school it will be about $18,000 (living expenses) for the year paid in 2 even installments (one each semester). This is close to the required amount needed. Not that it matters too much because I have a co-sponsor.

But what DOES matter is I need to be some sort of number in that income line on the I-134. I have all the documents to match my story of where I've been and what the plan is now, but I still don't how to sum it up in a single number on a single line. =)

Any suggestions....?

Correct, you do not list debts or expenses on the I-134 only income.
  • 4 weeks later...