August Interview Group

My interview date is Aug. 16th also. Havent received P4 yet.

Contact consulate by email, however you can download all forms except invitation letter.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn//immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

In my case I was in Guangzhou before interview and was able to get an extra copy of the invitation letter, at ACH.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"do they use a different EMS label?"

For ours, YES. We just got the P4 today and have an interview for August 11th.

The EMS guy has apparently been trying to deliver it for quite some time. He didn't think to leave a note until Friday (July 23) and we saw it today (July 25) and called him back.

The EMS label attached wasn't in my fiance's handwriting even though they request you send them one with the P3. I asked her if she made some sort of mistake and she said no. The new label written by Guangzhou did NOT have her telephone number written on it in the spot where it says "Telephone number (Very Important)" And I guess EMS doesn't use some standardized "attempted delivery" notice because this guy scribbled a note himself on a blank number on his probably 4th attempt.

We got lucky because the delivery guy said if he hadn't called today, he was planning to send it back on Monday (tomorrow). Not a very good system. So if you're worried about your P3/P4 not coming, contact someone.

Now we have 2 weeks to get her a ticket to GZ and tie up loose ends.

"do they use a different EMS label?"

For ours, YES. We just got the P4 today and have an interview for August 11th.

The EMS guy has apparently been trying to deliver it for quite some time. He didn't think to leave a note until Friday (July 23) and we saw it today (July 25) and called him back.

The EMS label attached wasn't in my fiance's handwriting even though they request you send them one with the P3. I asked her if she made some sort of mistake and she said no. The new label written by Guangzhou did NOT have her telephone number written on it in the spot where it says "Telephone number (Very Important)" And I guess EMS doesn't use some standardized "attempted delivery" notice because this guy scribbled a note himself on a blank number on his probably 4th attempt.

We got lucky because the delivery guy said if he hadn't called today, he was planning to send it back on Monday (tomorrow). Not a very good system. So if you're worried about your P3/P4 not coming, contact someone.

Now we have 2 weeks to get her a ticket to GZ and tie up loose ends.

We knew the interview date before my wife received P4, because I would call DOS visa services 1 or 2 times a week, and they told me the date over the phone. Had you done this you would have known that P4 had been sent and suspected EMS having a delivery problem.

my fiancee got her P4 today. It was using the same EMS label that she had put within her P3 reply.

What made me worried was DOS informed me the Consulate sent out P4 on 7/20 but according to EMS, the package didn't get to Guangzhou's local post office ¹ãÖÝÊÐÓÊÕþ¾ÖÎ÷µÌÖ§¾Ö until 7/24. Anyways, it was delivered to her the day after.

We knew the interview date before my wife received P4, because I would call DOS visa services 1 or 2 times a week, and they told me the date over the phone. Had you done this you would have known that P4 had been sent and suspected EMS having a delivery problem.

Well, of course I did suspect a problem but was trying to stay patient. It wasn't impossible that it hadn't been sent, but last week was a probable estimate.

Before finding the # for DOS, I sent an email using the contact form on the Guangzhou website. That was sent on Friday and we got the EMS Sunday. Rather than contacting them again and saying "disregard that first email", I guess I will just wait for a reply.

Unfortunately my fiance's interview is on August 11 and I have to go back to the U.S. on the 6th. I am now quite nervous and hope this doesn't affect the outcome. But we kinda expected that she would not get the interview in time. I guess the best she can do is show them some proof of me being here with her the last 4-5 weeks and tell them why I couldn't make it.

Edited by weregoingunion (see edit history)

My lady just received her P-4 on Saturday, July 24th! The interview date is set for 7:14 on August 24th. We're locked loaded and ready to go. I'll be there!

Screamneagle, the speed demon, on track to break the all time K1 Chinese processing record! Go! Go!

Screamneagle, the speed demon, on track to break the all time K1 Chinese processing record! Go! Go!

Thanks, Lee! Now to just get past the interview day successfully is all we are hoping and praying for. We feel pretty good about everything but do not want to ere into any sense of overconfidence. I keep reminding my lady that even though we have done everything we can think of ... even though we are continually preparing and practicing questions, answers and document retrieval ...even though we feel we are as ready as we can possibly be ... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! We can work and hope for the best ... but we must be prepared for the worst. I have never seen such optimism and determination in anyone who is striving to achieve their goal as I do in my lady! It is a beautiful thing to see! It is an even more beautiful thing to know that she is working this hard for the sake of our happiness and future life together. Can't help loving a person like that!

Hehe... I know what you mean. Last Wednesday my gal was working running a training class and coordinating lectures being given to the visiting trainees but ducking out to make trips to the notary office where they told her they would not have it done that day after all but it was her last day before she flew to the U.S. so on her insistence they said they would have it done later, she runs back to work, does a few things, back to the notary office, off to the post office to EMS the doc and blue slip back, then back to work, then home to finish packing... people at work were amazed at her juggling of all this, me too!

.. and when she was at the conulate in Shanghai on a B visa interview and they asked for the CITIC receipt and they wanted both colored receipts even though she gave her the one labelled for them. So she had 1.5 hrs to get it before they closed, so called someone at work to get her key, go to her apt, go in and get the receipt and meet her outside campus for the handoff to her in the taxi so she could rush back and give them the stupid color they wanted... hah.

Well our interview date is in just 8 days from today. I am getting a bit nervous now lol. We will be taking a 36 hour train ride to GUZ. I have a few more questions before we go, and am hoping someone here may have an answer.

1: My father is our co sponsor since I do not meet the 125% poverty line. He didn't come through on the I-864 until yesterday, so my spouse will not be able to bring in my fathers original I-864 to the interview. She will be bringing in a scanned copy of the I-864. I've asked this question before, but I want to know how much this could effect us on getting the pink. Has anyone here used a scanned copy before, and if so how did it go?

2: My intent to Domicile is weak. I am still not satisfied with it. I only have 2 job interviews awaiting in the US, job resume from monsters.com, photo's of my mothers place where we will be staying, and a letter from my mother stating she will be allowing us to live with her for as long as we like. Is this going to crush us?

3: My spouse, and I, had a daughter together 2 years ago. Will my spouse need to bring in proof that she is our daughter? We only have her birth certificate, and some medical records of when she was born. The only problem is they haven't been translated or notarized. The birth certificate however is in English.

4: Does anyone have the contact info to the Yangs? I couldn't find it on the forums.

5: How long would my spouse have to leave China, if and after she receives the IV?

Anyways we are going to try our best. If we fail we would have wasted a lot of time and money into this, but at least we tried. Hopefully we will pass this!

I will keep you guys posted on what happens when we come back from GUZ.

Thanks for all your help CFL! I truly appreciate this site!

reliable: Sorry, don't think I can be of much help with your questions...

To those that are doing K1 Visas: what exactly are you paying at CITIC bank before the interview? I was sure that it was $350 but when we went to the medical exam this week, two nurses, and another lady going to Guangzhou next week said it was $404. Where did that number come from?

Going to http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fees.html I see that adding up the $330 "Immigrant Visa Application" and $74 "Immigrant Visa Security Surcharge" add up to $404.

But for a K1 visa, the $350 "K Visa processing fee" should be all we need right?

I have another question about the I-134. After doing so much research I *should* know what to do but the fact is that I don't. I have a co-sponsor that makes enough. I had him (my father) fill out a few copies of the form before coming here but I wasn't 100% sure what to put on Question 7 (annual income) so he put Net Income shown on his 2009 W-2. They filed for the October extension so they don't have a 2009 Tax Transcript available (or a 1040 completed) so the best we could do is 2009 W-2 and 2008-2006 Tax Transcripts.

For MYSELF, I included the 1040's (stamped by the local IRS) office for 2009-2008 (two years I was working in China, 2007 I was in school). The problem is my situation is that my situation has changed so much, I'm at a loss of what to put on my I-134 under annual income. I am beginning law school next week and will be living (mostly) on student loans. I have included letters from the school saying I will attend, how much $ in loans I will receive, that I am not allowed to work more than 15hrs/week during the semester, etc. Can I include the excess amount of loan not given to the school (for cost of living) as income? Should I include what expected amount I might be making while school is in session (won't be enough, but I will still be working some)?

Or should I just put what I made in 2009 in China (which does NOT meet the requirement because I quit about 3/4 of the way through the year to move back to the U.S.)?

Should attached a copy of IRS extension so that they know why no 1040, Net income on W2

I would list what you made so far for 2010, future income may not be guaranteed since you are not yet employed, unless they provide a letter stating what your salary will be.

Note: later after marriage you may be able to solo sponsor when adjusting status.