August Interview Group

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to start the August thread.

I have been reading up our sister site 001 bbs.net quite a bit lately. Sounds like August interview dates are starting to come out this week but so far just for the ones who sent back P3 to GUZ in first week of June.

Several posts also indicates GUZ schedules interviews in monthly batches, e.g. if you send back P3 in July (day of receipt acknowledged by GUZ, not the delivery date claimed by EMS), they will wait until August to process your case, and schedule your interview in September. Is this another "misinformation"?

Time to start the August thread.

I have been reading up our sister site 001 bbs.net quite a bit lately. Sounds like August interview dates are starting to come out this week but so far just for the ones who sent back P3 to GUZ in first week of June.

Several posts also indicates GUZ schedules interviews in monthly batches, e.g. if you send back P3 in July (day of receipt acknowledged by GUZ, not the delivery date claimed by EMS), they will wait until August to process your case, and schedule your interview in September. Is this another "misinformation"?

I remember in our case we returned P3, and had an interview date sometime a month after getting P4.

See our time line below.

I've sent out my P3 on July 14th I believe. Our interview date is on Aug 11th 715 AM? <>_<> Are they even open that early?

Anyways I DCF in Beijing on April 1st. I really hope everything goes smooth. My only worry is the Domicile issue still haha. I really don't have much to cover my butt on the domicile. I will only have 2 job interviews awaiting for me when and if I do arrive back to US. I put up a resume online. I will also have some photo's of where we will be staying after arriving home. I've tried to open a bank account and such, but I lack 2 forms of ID, and the banks that I tried requires proof of US address. I can't prove it cause I don't have an ID card, for it has expired ages ago...

I really don't know what else I could do to show a good intention to domicile. I really hope this won't kill our chances for a pink slip...

I've sent out my P3 on July 14th I believe. Our interview date is on Aug 11th 715 AM? <>_<> Are they even open that early?

Anyways I DCF in Beijing on April 1st. I really hope everything goes smooth. My only worry is the Domicile issue still haha. I really don't have much to cover my butt on the domicile. I will only have 2 job interviews awaiting for me when and if I do arrive back to US. I put up a resume online. I will also have some photo's of where we will be staying after arriving home. I've tried to open a bank account and such, but I lack 2 forms of ID, and the banks that I tried requires proof of US address. I can't prove it cause I don't have an ID card, for it has expired ages ago...

I really don't know what else I could do to show a good intention to domicile. I really hope this won't kill our chances for a pink slip...

Yep is standard to have everyone line up outside the building then let everyone inside at same time, 7:15 sounds right.

If have job interviews lined up, then your spouse should have copies of interview invitation letters handy.

Having job interviews lined up goes to show re-establishing domicile.

DOS:

How can a petitioner establish a domicile?

When a sponsor has clearly not maintained a domicile in the United States, he/she will need to re-establish a U.S. domicile in order for him/her to be a sponsor. The sponsor may make a number of steps to show that he/she considers the United States his/her principal place of residence. Examples of things he/she can do are given below:

• Find a job in the United States

• Locate a place to live in the United States

• Register children in U.S. schools

• Make arrangements to give up (relinquish) residence abroad

• Other evidence of a U.S. residence

If the sponsor establishes U.S. domicile, it is not necessary for the sponsor to go to the United States before the sponsored family members. However, the sponsored immigrant may not enter the United States before the sponsor returns to the United States to live. The sponsored immigrant must travel with the sponsor or after the sponsor has entered the United States.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...html#_How_can_a

From London:

You may meet this requirement by showing that you have taken or will take a credible combination of steps to make the U.S. your immediate principal place of residence. Such steps may include finding employment, locating a place to live, registering children in U.S. schools etc. In addition, you should make arrangements to abandon your residence in the United Kingdom; for example obtaining a valuation of your property from an estate agent.

http://london.usembassy.gov/faq_i864_domicile.html

The above recommendations:

• Show letters from prospective employers regarding job interviews.
  • Show a rental agreement, or even a letter from family explaining that you will live temporarily with them.
  • Provide a letter showing in process of selling or relinquishing your current domicile in China.
  • Any children? Show actively preparing to enroll in a school in the USA.

Yep is standard to have everyone line up outside the building then let everyone inside at same time, 7:15 sounds right.

If have job interviews lined up, then your spouse should have copies of interview invitation letters handy.

Having job interviews lined up goes to show re-establishing domicile.

DOS:

How can a petitioner establish a domicile?

When a sponsor has clearly not maintained a domicile in the United States, he/she will need to re-establish a U.S. domicile in order for him/her to be a sponsor. The sponsor may make a number of steps to show that he/she considers the United States his/her principal place of residence. Examples of things he/she can do are given below:

• Find a job in the United States

• Locate a place to live in the United States

• Register children in U.S. schools

• Make arrangements to give up (relinquish) residence abroad

• Other evidence of a U.S. residence

If the sponsor establishes U.S. domicile, it is not necessary for the sponsor to go to the United States before the sponsored family members. However, the sponsored immigrant may not enter the United States before the sponsor returns to the United States to live. The sponsored immigrant must travel with the sponsor or after the sponsor has entered the United States.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...html#_How_can_a

From London:

You may meet this requirement by showing that you have taken or will take a credible combination of steps to make the U.S. your immediate principal place of residence. Such steps may include finding employment, locating a place to live, registering children in U.S. schools etc. In addition, you should make arrangements to abandon your residence in the United Kingdom; for example obtaining a valuation of your property from an estate agent.

http://london.usembassy.gov/faq_i864_domicile.html

The above recommendations:

• Show letters from prospective employers regarding job interviews.
  • Show a rental agreement, or even a letter from family explaining that you will live temporarily with them.
  • Provide a letter showing in process of selling or relinquishing your current domicile in China.
  • Any children? Show actively preparing to enroll in a school in the USA.

Our daughter will be 2 on the Aug 16th. I wonder how I can enroll her into anything while in China? We will be residing in NV, if we are granted the pink slip.

I have one other question about tax returns. What I did was is I downloaded the past 3 years of tax forms 1040. I just put all 0's down on the forms. Printed them and I mailed to the IRS over a month ago. No reply. I'm just going to have my wife bring the filled out forms for the past 3 years that I printed off the computer. Am I doing the right thing? : S

My father is our co sponsor. He has all the correct financial document and my wife will be handing them in during the interview.

It's 312 am here I don't even know what im typing anymore lol.... Having Insomnia cause of GUZ haha.

{edit} quotes

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Our daughter will be 2 on the Aug 16th. I wonder how I can enroll her into anything while in China? We will be residing in NV, if we are granted the pink slip.

I have one other question about tax returns. What I did was is I downloaded the past 3 years of tax forms 1040. I just put all 0's down on the forms. Printed them and I mailed to the IRS over a month ago. No reply. I'm just going to have my wife bring the filled out forms for the past 3 years that I printed off the computer. Am I doing the right thing? : S

My father is our co sponsor. He has all the correct financial document and my wife will be handing them in during the interview.

It's 312 am here I don't even know what im typing anymore lol.... Having Insomnia cause of GUZ haha.

Have bring Zero returns attached to your I-864 to interview, and perhaps an explanation how lived on a zero income, as in going to school.

As for enroll in school, since only two then that is not an issue until a few years after coming to USA.

Child's birth registered abroad for citizenship, and US passport? Apply for an exit visa for the child? These things too may be useful.

Have bring Zero returns attached to your I-864 to interview, and perhaps an explanation how lived on a zero income, as in going to school.

As for enroll in school, since only two then that is not an issue until a few years after coming to USA.

Child's birth registered abroad for citizenship, and US passport? Apply for an exit visa for the child? These things too may be useful.

Our daughter still remains a Chinese citizen... We were told once she has changed her citizenship, and has gotten a US, passport that we would have to bring her out of country ASAP. We plan on getting her a US passport at the Shenyang consulate, once and if my spouse is granted the visa. It would be a big mess if my daughter would have to leave the country without her mother.

Edited by reliable (see edit history)

Our daughter still remains a Chinese citizen... We were told once she has changed her citizenship, and has gotten a US, passport that we would have to bring her out of country ASAP. We plan on getting her a US passport at the Shenyang consulate, once and if my spouse is granted the visa. It would be a big mess if my daughter would have to leave the country without her mother.

Someone told you wrong. Who told you that? The Consulate??

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/se...y-in-china.html

This member has 2 US Citizen children born in China, both have US Passports, and are waiting for the time when they will eventually come to the USA.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=557946

Child born abroad that has US Citizenship is a sign that your stay abroad is considered to be temporary.

Note: A child that's parent obtains US Citizenship, does NOT loose their Chinese citizenship until they move to the USA and eventually gives up claim to the Chinese citizenship.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Someone told you wrong. Who told you that? The Consulate??

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/se...y-in-china.html

This member has 2 US Citizen children born in China, both have US Passports, and are waiting for the time when they will eventually come to the USA.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=557946

Child born abroad that has US Citizenship is a sign that your stay abroad is considered to be temporary.

Note: A child that's parent obtains US Citizenship, does NOT loose their Chinese citizenship until they move to the USA and eventually gives up claim to the Chinese citizenship.

I now see... So I could and should, go ahead and change my daughters citizenship now before the interview. Then if and after wife is granted visa, we can just book flights and fly right home.

Thanks ^^

That batching for setting interview dates makes a lot of sense. Our P3->P4 time was much longer than some others at the same time. Then when we got the date, the time until the interview was longer than the others previously. So it did look like they sat on ours for a little while.

But there is also the customs issue which may still be in play since I have read that the P3 can come out when the electronic file is received, but the P4 won't come out until the physical file is received.

looks like I'm not going to make to ACH before my fiancee's interview as her date has been scheduled for Aug 16th, Monday morning. Even though DOS told me P4 was sent out on 20th, it hasn't shown up in EMS's tracking system yet. Do they by any chance send the packet with regular mail or a different EMS label, instead of using the one that was returned with the P3?

I now see... So I could and should, go ahead and change my daughters citizenship now before the interview. Then if and after wife is granted visa, we can just book flights and fly right home.

Thanks ^^

Don't "change" her citizenship - simply apply for an American passport. You will need an exit visa from the Chinese authorities, which can wait until she's ready to come home.

Don't "change" her citizenship - simply apply for an American passport. You will need an exit visa from the Chinese authorities, which can wait until she's ready to come home.

Correct, you are simply registering birth abroad, not "Changing Citizenship" Just claiming us citizenship.

looks like I'm not going to make to ACH before my fiancee's interview as her date has been scheduled for Aug 16th, Monday morning. Even though DOS told me P4 was sent out on 20th, it hasn't shown up in EMS's tracking system yet. Do they by any chance send the packet with regular mail or a different EMS label, instead of using the one that was returned with the P3?

My interview date is Aug. 16th also. Havent received P4 yet.