Chinese School 150 point grading system??

I am trying to decipher my stepson¡¯s high school transcript. Some of the subjects in his school were graded using a 150 point system and some with a more familiar 100 point system. Are there any teachers here who could explain how the Chinese 150 point system translates to an A, B, C, D, F or 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0 in an American school?

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to decipher my stepson¡¯s high school transcript. Some of the subjects in his school were graded using a 150 point system and some with a more familiar 100 point system. Are there any teachers here who could explain how the Chinese 150 point system translates to an A, B, C, D, F or 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0 in an American school?

Is there anything that indicates these subjects are at a higher level, similar to American "honors" or "advanced placement" classes? I know that some American schools allow honors and AP classes to go up to 5.0 with standard classes maxing at 4.0. I don't know the specifics, but it might be something similar.

• 2 weeks later...

there are 3 subjects scored according the 150 points system--Math,Chinese and English. full points is 450. AND IF YOU wanna enter an good college ,120points is necessary.

history ,politics and geography is 300points ; physics £¬chemistry and biology is anpther 300.

SO in college entrance examination,the full is 450+300 points. 600+ is a very good achievement