Sorta interesting

6 months

wouldn't be enough time to read all that crap, Griz :o

We waited and waited and waited to see where our K-1 case was, the DOS would never tell us they sent it back 11 months after they denied us, so...we got married in March 2009....I came home from the wedding and 3 months later got the e-mails and notice of action approval on the k-1. :lol:

Last Monday I sent in our CR-1 application, all 8 pounds of it. We will purposely stall it (if need be) for lil' rabbit and Bubba, J.R. to arrive in America after our second wedding anniversary, for the 10 year green card. I don't want to have to get into bed with the gubmit again for a LONG damn time....that's if'n she gets the visa this time.

Good luck with the lil' missus's store. :)

tsap seui

When it gets to NVC then stall at that point, NVC is when to stall, just take your time responding to their request for I-864 and DS-230 + Docs.

Also the "Bona-fide relationship" issue should no longer be and issue. A few visits between now and the eventual interview should do the trick.

9 MONTHS for Me

Just got reaffirmed. USCIS received my file back from GUZ last September and that was after a 4 month wait just for GUZ to send it back. I received my NOIR April 12th and gathered the requested evidence. The return enevelope they sent was a joke. I sent them back a BOX of evidence. There was no way to send a proper responce in a letter sized enevelope. Our case got reaffirmed on the 18th. Now it is another waiting game to see if we will need to go to a second interview. Good luck with your CR-1.

JBHypno

Edited by JBHypno (see edit history)

9 MONTHS for Me

Just got reaffirmed. USCIS received my file back from GUZ last September and that was after a 4 month wait just for GUZ to send it back. I received my NOIR April 12th and gathered the requested evidence. The return enevelope they sent was a joke. I sent them back a BOX of evidence. There was no way to send a proper responce in a letter sized enevelope. Our case got reaffirmed on the 18th. Now it is another waiting game to see if we will need to go to a second interview. Good luck with your CR-1.

JBHypno

My wife has a saying she used during the ten months we waited after her interview for her blue slip results..."When wait for interview, one day is one day, when wait on blue slip, one day is same to one year."

Of course then the DOS took 11 more months to actually send the case back to the USCIS.

I'm very happy to see your reaffirmation. Your I-797 notice of approval letter should explain that your case will be sent back to the proper consulate. It will first go to the NVC who will then forward it to Guangzhou....then you will sit in line for another interview date with the DOS.

For an example of a timeline on all this....our case was sent from the USCIS On June 9, 2009 to the NVC (who sent me a letter stating they had sent to case back to Guangzhou.

Guangzhou got the case back and sent my wife a letter telling her she had a new interview date on her reaffirmed K-1 of December 24, 2009.

Of course we canceled that with a fax in early December 2009....I waited for any paperwork they generated so we would have it to send in with my CR-1 to show we had been approved twice by the USCIS.

So, you can plan around 6 months, hopefully sooner, from the time USCIS reaffirmed and sent your case back on it's merry way. We never got any P-3 letter from DOS just a new interview date.

Good luck with the new interview, I hope your wait is soon over. :D

tsap seui

I hope you folks that received the easy interview and quick visas realize just how extremely lucky you are...it could just as easily have gone the other way for any of you. There are many folks that had all their evidence and their ducks in a row, front loaded their petitions, were innocent of any scams or wrong doing, and were still forced into a quagmire of epic personal propotions by the criminal injustice of the DOS in Guangzhou.

I can't speak for everyone with a quick and easy interview, but I've been counting my lucky stars all day (and will be for quite a while). I am thankful that despite your hardships you're still willing to share your experiences here. I'm sure your pink will be coming soon! :D

I hope you folks that received the easy interview and quick visas realize just how extremely lucky you are...it could just as easily have gone the other way for any of you. There are many folks that had all their evidence and their ducks in a row, front loaded their petitions, were innocent of any scams or wrong doing, and were still forced into a quagmire of epic personal propotions by the criminal injustice of the DOS in Guangzhou.

I can't speak for everyone with a quick and easy interview, but I've been counting my lucky stars all day (and will be for quite a while). I am thankful that despite your hardships you're still willing to share your experiences here. I'm sure your pink will be coming soon! :lol:

Thanks Rob. I am very happy to see two you to get the visa.

One day our time in the sun will happen, until then we have turned this mess into a positive thing....it's all good.

tsap seui