Could This Really Be Moving that Fast!

Yes, they can and do sometimes request to see the original document that was in the I-129F petition, to verify that the copy they have is genuine.

The rest of your package looks fine.

As for I-134, typically what is attached to it is: (IRS Transcripts for past 3 years, Employer letter, and copies of recent pay stubs going back as far as 6 months.) Transcripts show past income, Pay stubs show current income, employer letter shows future income.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the FAQ on the list of things to bring and it said TWO NOTARIZED originals of the I-134. I checked the instructions on the I-134 and it specifically says that notarization is NOT required and I saw nowhere that 2 originals are required.

Anyone know why the FAQ says that?

I didn't provide pay stubs, I better get that together and email to her...

I checked the FAQ on the list of things to bring and it said TWO NOTARIZED originals of the I-134. I checked the instructions on the I-134 and it specifically says that notarization is NOT required and I saw nowhere that 2 originals are required.

Anyone know why the FAQ says that?

I didn't provide pay stubs, I better get that together and email to her...

Note, Notarized was the case with the I-134 BEFORE the jurat was added stating that you are signing under penalty of perjury.

I-134 doe NOT need to be notarized any more, and has not needed this in well over a year now.

FAQ is out of date.

Amaro:

I hope you will not have to call at all! The folks at my lady's agency said that things appeared to be moving very quickly with the visa process now and that she can expect an email confirmation of receipt for her P-3 from GUZ in 3 to 4 days. Then we move on to the wait for the P-4 and interview date. I've got almost all of my documents together and am just waiting for the tax transcripts. Got to get all this stuff organized for her and then just stand by for the big swoop to Honk Kong and on to Guangzhou where I will meet my lady and her daughter. I'll keep you up to date on the P-4 time frame as it develops. Good luck to you and your lady! I hope everyone's application moves more quickly now and that is the beginning of a new and welcomed trend at GUZ.

Here's a question for Dan or anyone who might know. The VJ site says that you should bring an entire copy of the original I-129F submission package with all the original documents to the interview. Is this true? Does my lady have to carry that boat load of documentation into the interview with her? If this has already been looked over and scanned into our case, is this really necessary? I thought that I would just bring the following in an accordion folder:

I-134

Tax transcripts

Letter from employer

Visa fee receipt

Airline receipts proof of visit from trip after the I-129 was submitted

Updated Letters of Intent to marry

Updated Evolution Of Relationship letter

Letter explaining divorce

Personal letters

Chat logs

Skype screen shots

Photographs

She will have:

Appointment letter

Passport for herself and daughter

P-4 medical forms completed/x-rays

Birth certificate - notarized white book

Divorce certificate - notarized white book

Ex-husbands death certificate - notarized white book

Police reports for her and her daughter - notarized white book

Baptismal certificate - notarized white book

Letters from mother & father giving permission for daughter to go to US

4 Passport photos of both

What's your thought?

"Letters from mother & father giving permission for daughter to go to US"? are you talking about letters from your future in-laws? Is this some new requirement that Guangzhou consulate is asking to bring to the interview?

"Letters from mother & father giving permission for daughter to go to US"? are you talking about letters from your future in-laws? Is this some new requirement that Guangzhou consulate is asking to bring to the interview?

Not a requirement, but it can show that he has a good relationship with future in-laws.

oh darn! is this a question VO asks during the interview often? My future in-laws aren't too thrilled with the idea of their dear daughter going to America at all!

Nope, have yet so see a VO asking if fiancee has consent of parents.

Don't sweat this one.

whew! Thanks again, Dan.

I think I'd better prep her in case this question does come up during the interview. Should she just give the honest answer that her parents don't like the idea but stand by their daughter's choice nonetheless?

Yes, that would be a good idea, also go through all the interview questions with her in the FAQ section.

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_Interview...ions_Final1.htm

Yes, as Dan mentioned, the question of permission from the mother and father is something I thought would prove not only consideration and respect for the family but also proof of the fact they they are part of every decision we are making with this process. I am not aware if the question has come up in any interview prior to this but I want to cover every possibility that I can think of that might be a sticking point. Better safe than sorry! It is definitely not required but could be an ace in the hole if needed. I'm sending her in there fully prepared for anything they might possibly come up with.

As a side note, I just spoke to my lady a few minutes ago and she informed me that GUZ sent her an email message acknowledging receipt of the P-3 she sent out to them 2 days ago. Now we stand by and wait for the big one.

Im going to hijack your thread since we are sharing with each other our P3 dates and maybe when we will get that appointment letter!! I just called NVC and my package was sent out to Guz on june 29th, yay the day of my birthday! So now I am waiting for my girl to get her P3, you guys are definitly moving a lot faster than me.

Edited by Amaro (see edit history)